Facebook app - syncing contact pictures

tlane01

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get the official facebook app to sync over pictures for your contacts? I know the facebook built in can but it also syncs over all my facebook friends, not just the ones i have in my address book

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
OP: I was wondering the same thing. It's not syncing any of the pictures. Do you think it's only like that on the X because of the stupid Moto Blur? It won't allow it to sync pictures?

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
i tired the same thing. i like the moto fb to run in the background while i use the FB App- still 30min to get notifications... bah, have to use BLOO for it instead-

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone successfully been able to Link a phone contact with a Facebook contact using the new Facebook app??

chefkeyser

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone successfully been able to Link a phone contact with a Facebook contact using the new Facebook app??

Nope, that was what I was hoping the fix was, but Facebook for Android is standalone and does not sync contacts. Facebook for HTC Sense does. If you have an HTC phone, then this update is not to fix HTC's app.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Nope, that was what I was hoping the fix was, but Facebook for Android is standalone and does not sync contacts. Facebook for HTC Sense does. If you have an HTC phone, then this update is not to fix HTC's app.

Yeah, but if you open the Facebook app now and hit menu and settings, there is a Facebook Contact sync option which was not there on previous versions for the X.

tlane01

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but if you open the Facebook app now and hit menu and settings, there is a Facebook Contact sync option which was not there on previous versions for the X.

yeah i noticed that. It will sync other information like work and email and address etc but no pictures synced over. I wouldn't mind using the X's app if it gave me the OPTION to sync JUST the contacts already in my address book. i do NOT want contacts made for facebook friends that are not in my address book.

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
you guys know you can quickly change the contacts to display: All, Fav, FB, Google, or ur main Contacts with 1 click right?

tlane01

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That only changes the contacts in the contacts app. there is no group control from the contacts section of the dialer app.

I have about 500 friends on my facebook and frankly i don't want some of their numbers on my phone.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
yeah i noticed that. It will sync other information like work and email and address etc but no pictures synced over. I wouldn't mind using the X's app if it gave me the OPTION to sync JUST the contacts already in my address book. i do NOT want contacts made for facebook friends that are not in my address book.

This.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. All we would like is that option. If the Facebook app synced contact occurs, as well, then we would have problem solved!

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
go to your contacts and hit on "Contacts:" it should say All Contacts.
change to "Phone Contacts" and you'll never see ur FB Friends except the ones u have on your phone-

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
go to your contacts and hit on "Contacts:" it should say All Contacts.
change to "Phone Contacts" and you'll never see ur FB Friends except the ones u have on your phone-

Problem with that is when you hit the Phone button and then the Contacts tab from there, you still see every facebook friend.

jamesc

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
SyncMyPix only links pics to the contacts on your phone. And then you can cross reference it and see if there is any additional pics to add. It doesn't add contacts to the phone

Skynet3132

Jul 15, 2010
www.scikotics.com
just tried Sync My Pix, and it matched only THREE of my contacts, and said that it could not find 181 of my contacts. 90% of them are in fact in my phone contacts as well as on my FB friends list.

i double checked all my info was correct, etc. Any ideas on why this didn't work?? thx.

jamesc

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
just tried Sync My Pix, and it matched only THREE of my contacts, and said that it could not find 181 of my contacts. 90% of them are in fact in my phone contacts as well as on my FB friends list.

i double checked all my info was correct, etc. Any ideas on why this didn't work?? thx.

I had it happen opposite, it found 90% of my contacts and then another 10% i had to associate manually. Sometimes its a letter in their FB name, or if they use an middle initial or somehting. But Android and FB still have a long road to working seemlessly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy