- 08-17-2010, 06:17 PM #2
- 08-17-2010, 06:22 PM #3
- 08-17-2010, 06:42 PM #4
- 08-17-2010, 07:42 PM #5
- 08-17-2010, 08:05 PM #6
- 16 Posts
But if you really do want to trade, you can do what the others suggest.
- 08-17-2010, 08:20 PM #7
Re: I want a Droid X but im on Sprint. What to do?
I am curious why you would dump your EVO for a Droid X?
I was using a T-Mobile HTC HD2 which I loved, but hated T-Mobile's poor 3G signal strength. So I went to buy a Droid X, but no one had it at the time. So I decided to try the Samsung Galaxy S phone. The T-Mobile Vibrant still suffered from pour 3G (so never again going with them!), so I went with the AT&T Captivated. Their signal was great! But the phone had too many things I did not like. Most of my time was spent just trying to get their TouchWiz desktop to look like HTC's Sense UI by using Beautiful Widgets, but it was buggy. And the OEM, K-9, and MailDroid e-mail programs were horrible compared (once again) to the one in HTC Sense. So I figured that if I wanted HTC Sense, and wanted out of T-Mobile, but wanted something big like the HD2, then might as well get the EVO. So I did, and so far living it more than my HD2.
But the Droid X still does intrigue me! And I can still return it yet, have time. But not sure how I would like the X over the EVO. From what I have seen, the Blur UI does NOT impress me at all. Looks so plain Jane compared to Sense UI. And to get the clock/weather like Sense, I would have to go back to the buggy Beautiful Widgets. And how is the e-mail on the X? That is extremely important to me as well. So I ask you, what is making you swap the EVO for the X?
- 08-17-2010, 09:36 PM #8
- 08-17-2010, 10:08 PM #9
- 25 Posts
They' re both great phones. I love my X and went with Verizon since I didn't want to pay extra to have an EVO (and no 4G where I live). That said, my boyfriend has an EVO and I love it. I prefer Sense UI, but really have no problem with Blur on my X. I don't think you can go wrong with X or EVO (Though I am not sure Swype is on the EVO and having tried Swype, I don't think I could go to a phone without it!)
Selling the EVO and using proceeds to pay the ETF seems like the best idea as has already been suggested.
- 08-17-2010, 11:10 PM #10
I had the Evo for 35 days and traded up for the Droid X. They are very similar phones but I much prefer the X for these reasons.
- Talking on the phone is much better (including speakerphone). The Evo just seems to use crappy speakers. They pop and have issues. I have seen this on many HTC devices in general.
- Battery life is far better on the Dx
- I really hated Sense. I know I am in the minority on this one... but I think Sense is a terrible UI .. especially the contacts piece.
- Lastly ... the build quality on the Dx just feels superior.
- On paper .. the Dx is faster but I have not noticed any difference in day to day activity.
- The Evo has a front facing camera .. which I never used (except to test)
- The Evo takes better pictures IMO. Although the Dx is still nice.
- 4g was spotty and due to battery drain was kept off most of the time (Dallas, Austin, San Antonio areas)
- 3g was really fast in Austin but slow in Dallas. Verizon seems really consistent ... Although a bit slower than Sprint.
If you have any questions then let me know. In conclusion .. I recommend the Dx over the Evo. Also if you are in the TX area you can get the new VZW plans that give you unlimited m2m just like Sprint.