Don't buy Droid X

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksi69

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I am a smartphone enthusiast, who has had all of the best, from every manufacturer, and has used every smartphone OS around. I currently use the Droid Incredible.

I recently purchased the Droid X. After setting it up and playing with it for one evening, it is now reset to factory defaults, back in the box, and on its way this afternoon to be returned. My Incredible is reactivated.

Here's why the X sucks: Terrible camera. It's about like the Droid 1 camera - bad focus problems, very bad indoor performance. This could be fixed in a software update, but read on.

Here's why the X really, really sucks: the hardware buttons on the bottom are horrible. They are incredibly hard to push - fatiguing for an active user. It is hard to believe that Motorola blew this one so bad. This cannot be fixed.

Do not buy this phone.

johntkong

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I am a smartphone enthusiast, who has had all of the best, from every manufacturer, and has used every smartphone OS around. I currently use the Droid Incredible.

I recently purchased the Droid X. After setting it up and playing with it for one evening, it is now reset to factory defaults, back in the box, and on its way this afternoon to be returned. My Incredible is reactivated.

Here's why the X sucks: Terrible camera. It's about like the Droid 1 camera - bad focus problems, very bad indoor performance. This could be fixed in a software update, but read on.

Here's why the X really, really sucks: the hardware buttons on the bottom are horrible. They are incredibly hard to push - fatiguing for an active user. It is hard to believe that Motorola blew this one so bad. This cannot be fixed.

Do not buy this phone.

That's too bad you don't like the buttons on the phone. I'll grant you they are small and seemingly hard to press but after using the Dx for a bit and some change, I've grown accustom to their location and have no problems.

I even have a case that covers them to keep them protected. I will let you know that my case does make the buttons more pronounced and easier to find by feel.

Sorry the Dx didnt work out for you.

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Sorry you did not like the phone.
Hard buttons vs. Soft keys is definitely a user preference and you should choose the one that best suites your needs.
As for the camera, I couldn't disagree more. The camera on the DX is fantastic. The UI for camera sucks, but it takes great pictures. And all reviews will show it takes better pictures than the Dinc.
Point is with all the high end smart phones out there (that all basically have outstanding specs) choosing the one for you comes down to subtle preferences. If you choose one over the other doesn't mean the phone sucks.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the info.

I've had my DX for a month, but will be returning it based on your opinion.

Thank you for saving me months of frustration and pain with your expertise.

ifrankenberg

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Opinions are like a-holes, every body has one.
I personally love the phone, only complaint i have about the camara
is the glare. Was at a wedding this weekend and when someone else took
a picture when i did thier flash would make my picture look like crap due to the glare. also went to a concert last night and took some video. The video was good untill all the lights started going, and same thing, nasty looking glare. Other than that no complaints, the hard buttons take time to get used to them and i do find them hard to press sometimes, that's just because i'm pressing inbetween the buttons instead of in the middle

Saiyaman156

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I like the hard buttons. I always find that my poor atrophied fingers couldn't lift up from the screen and I would hit the soft buttons. But now, with these hard to push real buttons, my fingers have been getting the workout that they need in order to move from atrophied pieces of bone and skin to some meaty man fingers!

Speedr117

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I had an EVO and then switched to a Droid X. I actually LIKE the hard buttons for 2 reasons:

1. You don't accidently hit them. On the Evo, I'd hit the Search button while trying to take a picture, etc.

2. You can hit the Home button to bring up the lock screen instead of always using the Lock button on top of the phone.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for rushing online and registering to impart your smartphone wisdom and experience with the uninitiated. You're a good american.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I am a smartphone enthusiast, who has had all of the best, from every manufacturer, and has used every smartphone OS around. I currently use the Droid X.

I recently purchased the Droid Incredible. After setting it up and playing with it for one evening, it is now reset to factory defaults, back in the box, and on its way this afternoon to be returned. My X is reactivated.

Here's why the Incredible sucks: Terrible build quality. It's about like the Storm1 build quality - bad creaking problems, very bad screen/sunlight performance. This could not be fixed in a software update, but read on.

Here's why the Incredible really, really sucks: the capacitive buttons on the bottom are horrible. They are too easy to push - annoying for an active user. It is hard to believe that HTC blew this one so bad. This cannot be fixed.

Do not buy this phone.

See what I did there?

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I am a smartphone enthusiast, who has had all of the best, from every manufacturer, and has used every smartphone OS around. I currently use the Droid X.

I recently purchased the Droid Incredible. After setting it up and playing with it for one evening, it is now reset to factory defaults, back in the box, and on its way this afternoon to be returned. My X is reactivated.

Here's why the Incredible sucks: Terrible build quality. It's about like the Storm1 build quality - bad creaking problems, very bad screen/sunlight performance. This could not be fixed in a software update, but read on.

Here's why the Incredible really, really sucks: the capacitive buttons on the bottom are horrible. They are too easy to push - annoying for an active user. It is hard to believe that HTC blew this one so bad. This cannot be fixed.

Do not buy this phone.

See what I did there?

hahahahaha....well done

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Do not buy this phone.

we'll chalk this one up to user error on the camera and preference for buttons that can easily be accidential pressed.

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
Just want to make sure I have this right. I shouldn't like my PHONE bacause of its CAMERA? Now that you mention it, my Canon dSLR never has 3g. Maybe it is flawed too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Wow someone didn't like the phone for minor reasons so it must be a non buy for everyone. Your opinion sir is not the only one in the world. Just need to look at the ratings on the two phones on Verizon to see that while the Dinc is liked by many users so is the D X.

For me every smart phone I have purchased has been with my tendency to fat finger things in consideration. Big screen and hard buttons (ones hard to press even) is a win for me. If I cared about "Picture Quality" I wouldn't be using a cellphone for it, even if I had a Jesus phone, I would still carry a point and shoot at minimum. That said go to the picture thread, a little effort and these phones can take some great pictures.

But I could say similar stuff about a Droid Inc. Its screen is to small, its plastic chassis and case make it feel like some Chinese POS. The soft buttons are too easily pressed by grazing my hand across it. No one should ever purchase a Droid Incredible.

santacruz

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Do not buy this phone.

See what I did there?

boom. nailed. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo