DX -Incoming Calls Go to Speaker Phone

sunads

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Whenever a call comes in & I hit answer my DX automatically goes into speaker phone mode. What's the solution to stop this action?

Please forgive me if I missed something here as I'm new to Droid world fresh off a BB Storm 2.

sunads

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the "accessibility" mode activated? This might be an accommodation for the sight impaired.

No this mode is not active. This thing also doesn't give me an audio tone when sms, mms or e-mails come in. This device seem to be a piece of @$#. I've wiped it twice already per VZW. Now they're telling me they'll swap out for another one. WoW only had it for 5 days!!

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Just as with any product, sometimes there are defective items. I know it doesn't help much that you're one of the 'lucky' ones, but just swap it for a new X and you should be good to go.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
No this mode is not active. This thing also doesn't give me an audio tone when sms, mms or e-mails come in. This device seem to be a piece of @$#. I've wiped it twice already per VZW. Now they're telling me they'll swap out for another one. WoW only had it for 5 days!!

I wouldn't blame the device so quickly, the techs solution to everything is just send out another or hard reset... The techs knowledge of this device is minimal, I have only found 2 or 3 tech that really understand the Droid X, the one that knows about them usually own them also. Are you using a dock on the device? I noticed that the device automatically goes to speaker phone when placed in dock and a few times I had the dock software stay open in background that made device do it even off the dock, I used task killer to close the dock app or restart usually resolved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress