Rattling/Buzzing in the top speaker?

The Mad Mule

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi everybody, quick question here.

When you're listening to a call or whatever through that small ear speaker, and it's at a high volume, do you get a rattling or buzzing at certain frequencies?

For me, it's like there's something stuck behind the grille. I've tried blowing through it and holding the phone upside-down and parallel to the ground to see if the buzzing would cease, but to no avail.

Just wondering if I'm the only one, and if so, I should probably get the phone replaced, huh. :p

grapechic

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Same issue when volume was at 50% or more. Called today and replacement phone shipping by Sept 16th. Works fine with bluetooth enabled. Seems to be a blown speaker of some type.

Jer-Majesty

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Long time lurker, first time poster. ;)

Been having this problem as well and within my 30 days. Requested a new phone, and got it yesterday... Turned it on and hoped for the best. While I was making the "Activation" call, heard the "buzzing / rattling" on the new one. Turned it off, sending back for another one I guess.

3rd times a charm??? ...hopefully. :p

The Mad Mule

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey everybody, I'm playing with my new replacement phone right now, while my old one is ready to be shipped out in a few days.

I did actually completely disassemble the old one before going the exchange route, because I hoped there was a loose hair or debris stuck inside the speaker. But nothing was there, and I even brushed it clean, so I don't know what was going on there.

This "new" phone is doing just great. I'm just curious if it has some kind of signal issue, because sitting next to my friend's Droid X today, he had 3G and 3-4 bars, while mine struggled to even obtain 3G and had no bars. And just a few minutes ago, it seemed to lock up signal-wise; it showed 3G but no signal bars whatsoever. I toggled Wi-Fi on, and the bars jumped back to life.

So maybe it's a moody phone, because it was at two bars a minute ago, and now it's at four. But it hasn't impaired me yet, so I'm fine with it. :p

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLegend