Sorry for a dumb question

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
You can also do that from your lock screen or by holding down the power button will bring up a menu.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
also you can find some widgets in the market that can do that for you.

if nothing else, android has plenty of options to do something :p

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
There is no such thing as a dumb question.......just dumb people who ask questions.

just kidding, I really dont think it is a dumb question. Does the X have the option on the unlock screen like other droids to silent the phone? Slide right to unlock and slide left to turn sound off

07kngrnch

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
dont worry man....im sitting here waiting on my x to show up from fedex. i'll ask way dumber questions than this by the end of the day im sure lol

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
There is no such thing as a dumb question.......just dumb people who ask questions.

just kidding, I really dont think it is a dumb question. Does the X have the option on the unlock screen like other droids to silent the phone? Slide right to unlock and slide left to turn sound off

it has the standard android 2.x lock screen, so yes sliding to the right unlocks and sliding to the left puts it in vibrate mode

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I think it is a 2.2 thing...at least that's what I had read. That's much better than putting it in silent, IMO.

Also, to anyone who is using "Profiles": do you know if you set it to Vibrate using the volume rocker, or if you adjust the volume with the volume rocker, does it in any way affect your profiles? I don't want to think I have it set to vibrate when I'm in court and then have it go off...that REALLY pisses the judges off.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Actually the first swipe left mutes to silent mode but if you swipe left again ir should go to vibrate mode.

That would be awesome if it does that, but mine sure doesn't. If you swipe left, it goes to silent, and if you swipe left again, it goes into sound. That's all I got. Running 2.1, fwiw...

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the lock feature disabled so easiest way for me to silence my phone is push power button an instead of power off silence all :)

Sent from Tapatalk

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
That would be awesome if it does that, but mine sure doesn't. If you swipe left, it goes to silent, and if you swipe left again, it goes into sound. That's all I got. Running 2.1, fwiw...

if you want that with 2.1, you can purchase widgetlocker, their lock slider can be made to do that.

currently i've been using it, and it's a neat app. well worth the $2 imo

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
if you want that with 2.1, you can purchase widgetlocker, their lock slider can be made to do that.

currently i've been using it, and it's a neat app. well worth the $2 imo

:eek:... I am using Widgetlocker now and this is why they are reporting the stock one doesn't do this, it looks and feels so much like the original and so flawlessly that my brain forgot that that was what I was using, my mistake.

WidgetLocker is worth a look and also worth the price because it allows you to customize your lock screen any waay you want, with widgets, shortcuts or change lock launcher. Grab it from Market or at WidgetLocker Lockscreen - Android app on AppBrain

screen
screen