What can I do if I root vs. What I can already do?

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So I just got the X and am finally canning my Storm (thank God!) and I'm just loving it so far. I was curious however, as to what abilities will be available to me on the phone that are not already available to me. All I know is that if I root, I'd be able to install an app to allow me to use the phone as a wifi hotspot, but I'm a little unclear as to what else rooting will open up for me. Can anyone who has rooted provide a little more information for me?

Also, if I do choose to root, I read a little in passing about an easy root type app but not sure what that would entail for me.

Thanks so much for all your help. Glad to be part of the Android Army!! :)

kdkinc

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
So I just got the X and am finally canning my Storm (thank God!) and I'm just loving it so far. I was curious however, as to what abilities will be available to me on the phone that are not already available to me. All I know is that if I root, I'd be able to install an app to allow me to use the phone as a wifi hotspot, but I'm a little unclear as to what else rooting will open up for me. Can anyone who has rooted provide a little more information for me?

Also, if I do choose to root, I read a little in passing about an easy root type app but not sure what that would entail for me.

Thanks so much for all your help. Glad to be part of the Android Army!! :)

IMHO...where your "new" to the DX I'd wait a week or so by then we'll have the new update and you'll slide in with no hassle.
Their's a lot to read about flashing, rooting,and blurless roms.
:cool::cool:

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
You will be able to backup your app (titanium backup), your entire rom (rom manager), free tethering (wireless tether) custom rims and themes if you want (rom manager). You can also get rid of bloatware and underclock to save battery (set cpu). These are just a few things that you can do when rooted.

P.s. if you decide to root, I would recommend getting sbf file and rsd lite. Than no matter how bad things get you can always go back to stock 2.1.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa