Using Google Search with Motorola Rokr

HumanMachine

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks I've had my X since release, and had a Motorola Rokr to go with it since day one. As we all know we've been sifting through threads concerning the issues that seem to come up on 2.2 every so often.

My current issue is this. With the release of the new google voice search. I find that it is far more productive to my needs, than the Voice Dialing functions on the phone. There seems to be a problem though.

On the Motorola Rokr headset. there is a button that is designed to end calls. and use the voice commands... The issue is that despite my searching. I can't seem to find a way to make my Motorola Rokr, pull up the Google Voice Search on my Device, it pulls up the default Voice commands that came with the Droid X

Is there any way I can set this up? Or should I just get used to it?

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
did you try resetting the double click home function...it defaults to voice command...you can reset it in settings to go to google voice search ...I don't know if this will help but I did reset mine because I like the google search better. A long press on search button will also bring up google voice search But i think if you reset the double click home maybe that will force the headset to use what is now programmed.. give it a try and let us know. Setting>applications>double tap home launch...good luck

Last edited: