Need some help.

hockey_buddha

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
hi android crew,

I need some help on this. Since updating to 2.2 my phone has almost become useless. Here are the issues:

1. All typing and screen changes are unbelievably lagged. At times the phone locks up and goes to all black screen.

2. GPS takes extremely long, and at times does not make a satellite connection. This never happened before update.

3. Facebook app does not deliver new msg. I manually have to enter the account.

4. The Battery drains extremely fast. I have read other posts with fixes, but they do not seem to help.

Any help would be great. I loved my phone, but the update almost made it useless.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
have you tried a factory reset?

the gps thing i've experienced too, but it's not consistently slow, sometimes it's near instant, and others it takes forever

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
do you loose your music and pics on the phone when you do a factory reset?

Not if they are on your memory card. And speaking of memory cards, from another post but it might solve your problems:

A bad file/filesystem on the memory card can make your Android experience pretty much as you describe. Try putting another memory card in the device, if you have one, or just take the one you have out and reboot the phone. If the device works better without the lag and freezing, then you need to backup the contents of your original memory card and then format it in the phone. Then move your files and folders back to the card starting with the essential stuff and leaving the non-essential stuff for later. Most of the time, it is a corrupted filesystem, so the reformatting takes care of your problem. Test your phone and move your files back in small groups and keep testing till you have restored all the files you need/want, or you have located the bad file.

If it's not the memory card, I suggest you do a Factory Data Reset in Menu, Settings, Privacy. It will be a pain to setup your phone how you like it following the reset, but if there was a software conflict causing your problems, the reset will return your device to out of the box factory condition and give you a fresh start.

hockey_buddha

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
the only thing you will really lose are text messages and your homescreen layout

everything else is basically either on the sd card, or in the cloud

ok. I looked and neither my music or pictures appear to be on my sd card. You all sure I won't loose them if i do a factory reset.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset after froyo update and all my music and pics were fine...take out your sd card and see if you can find pics in gallery or play music...if not they are on your SD card. I have heard some people have lost album art for some reason after reset but I am not so picky about that any way so I went ahead with reset and everything is fine...all info still there

hockey_buddha

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset after froyo update and all my music and pics were fine...take out your sd card and see if you can find pics in gallery or play music...if not they are on your SD card. I have heard some people have lost album art for some reason after reset but I am not so picky about that any way so I went ahead with reset and everything is fine...all info still there

thanks for the help. did the reset and all was well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa