Questions about Lookout App

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Im just wondering if this uses alot of the DX's resources. Im pretty sure this runs constantly so have any of you that are using it noticed any lag? I already have Everything backed up with Titanium but im kind of curious about the, I guess it could be called "Anti Virus" protection this offers. Are there even any viruses for Android?

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have Lookout and have not noticed any lag (or battery drain for that matter) on my X.
I am not sure if there are viruses on Android but I have been burned more than once on my PC so it is worth the sense of protection for me.
Plus it offers a nice back up (cloud) service and lost phone finder.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I have Lookout and I have experienced no lag with the app. To find out what is draining resources, download Watchdog and System Panel. And then once you find the culprit, either delete the app or tweak the settings. I'm sure there are viruses out there for Android, just be careful of what you download. Lookout does offer Virus protection by scanning your device and any new apps that you put on the phone after Lookout. It also has a backup cloud for pictures and contacts. And of course, the Lost phone feature that others have mentioned.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Lookout runs great in the background. I've had it on my phone for about 3 months now and have never noticed any lag or poor battery performance. It free...just try it out. If you feel like it's causing any problems, delete it.

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have been Using it for about 3 days now and for something that just sits in the background and does its thing, i like it. Thanks for the info guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana