Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text Messages Not Sent ghost

I started receiving the notification text messages not sent. I could not not find those so I deleted ALL text messages, power cycled the phone, and I am STILL getting the notification "2 Text Messages Not Sent" what gives? This is annoying.

Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Anyone? I must not be the only one having this odd issue.

Could there be a problem with service in your area?

That happened to me on my Motorola Charm, but after resending them they went through.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

No not service issue. I can send text messages and they are going thru as people are replying.

As far as resending, in my original post I mentioned deleting ALL messages and still am getting "2 text messages not sent"

Power cycle did not solve the issue.

It's happened to me, but after I resend, it works. I don't think it's a service issue, as it's happened when I have full reception.
    Smartphone Journey Thus Far: BB Storm 1 >> BB Storm 2 >> Moto Droid 1 >> Moto Droid X >> HTC Thunderbolt>>Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Not sure if I am just not being understood or what but...THERE ARE NO MESSAGES TO RESEND. Capish?

Message box was completely emptied and still getting this annoying "2 text messages not sent"

Guess I am the only one having this issue. I guess I have no choice but to call support.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM

Download Handcent SMS and it will allow you to go in and delete the undelivered messages. I too deleted all my text messages and was still having the issue this worked like a charm
    Roads????? Where we are going we dont need roads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanked by:

This guy was having the same issue, check out this thread too-
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...-question.html
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

try a battery pull ... battery out, wait at least one full minute, put back and restart. Might take care of the lingering message. Also, if it's in the notification panel, there is a "clear" button in the upper right corner. That will erase messages on the panel.
    Always learning ...

this was happening to me last night as well. I sent a message to a friend and the phone immediately said the message was not sent. So I tried again, and again, and again, until my friend texted me saying stop sending the same message over and over. So apparently though my phone said it didn't send, it actually did. I live in Maryland, and I am wondering if it was the phone, the service around here, or possibly (doubtfully) my friends phone/service as they are an ATT customer.