Speaker phone is terrible?

King Neptune117

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's just me, but the speaker phone seems very low compared to my sister's eris. Not very loud at all. I was in buffallo wild wings and was talking to a friend on speaker, and it was a little hard to hear him.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

falcon four

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Hah I hate when people are on speaker phone in restaurants, stores, gas stations, etc.

DROID X was trying to tell you to turn it off and hold it to your ear!

In all seriousness I have also noticed the low speaker volume too.

ririder

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Hah I hate when people are on speaker phone in restaurants, stores, gas stations, etc.

DROID X was trying to tell you to turn it off and hold it to your ear!

In all seriousness I have also noticed the low speaker volume too.

What he said!! FWIW my speaker phone works quite well........

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Actually my problem with the speaker phone is that no one, seriously no one can understand me.
Is this a known issue I just haven't seen? This is in my quiet office too so that's not the issue.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
@ Users with issue.... Which version of OS are you using, this was a issue on 2.1 but 2.2 resolved this and I haven't notice no issues with 2.2.1, the only thing I noticed when I upgraded to 2.2 the volume fix didnt take effect ubtil I hard reset after updated. Then volume increased noticeably..

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the latest 2.2.1.
I think it might be a hardware issue because people have mentioned it in the past but I just don't use speaker phone that often and I thought they were just complaining because it wasn't quite as good.
But now several people say they legitimately can't understand me at all.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the latest 2.2.1.
I think it might be a hardware issue because people have mentioned it in the past but I just don't use speaker phone that often and I thought they were just complaining because it wasn't quite as good.
But now several people say they legitimately can't understand me at all.

Before you decide the hardware is issue try a hard reset... I sit mine on a desk next to me all the time and I never had any issue hearing or being heard. In my car I use the speaker phone in the dock with no issues.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
In my car I can barely hear the speakerphone, I have to hold it up to my ear (if not on BT) which defeats the purpose of the speakerphone.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I can hear everything fine, it's the people on the other end that have a problem.
I'm sure Verizon's going to make me do a hard reset first but I've done several (non on the latest update though). Such a pain though, I was hoping to see if it was an issue. Oh well.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
In your sound settings, there is a "master" sound -- the System Setting -- that all the others work off as percentages of this setting. Make sure this setting is at the max and then adjust all the others accordingly.

I haven't been able to find this setting in the X's native settings (Settings > Sound > Volume), but I downloaded the app Audio Manager Pro (99 cents)from the Market and you can access the System Sound settings from it's excellent and colorful widgets. Worth the bucks.

ALSO, check in Settings > Sound > Media Audio Evvects > wired stereo devices &/OR Phone Speaker. In Phone Speaker, you can enable audio effects and set the equalizer for vocalizer. Both these will help out enormously.

Reactions: Adawg1203

Brockmant

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine is great. I did an investigation tonight and had the phone on speaker for 2 of us to hear. Worked like a charm...... and I got the girl to confess. It came across loud and clear over the speaker lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer