Outlook web app sync?

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I just got a droid X and I am trying to set up my school email account. My university uses Outlook Web App. I tried setting it up as a regular email account by typing my email address and password and letting it configure automatically. It didn't work. I tried configuring manually and it didn't work either. I know it is probably easy, but like I said, I am new to Android. Thanks!

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
If it is Outlook Exchange server you may need to use corporate sync e-mail. Settings may be like this: username woud be Domain\username
password- self explanatory
email address- also self explanatory
Server- the webpage you use to login for example: owa.schoolname.edu or outlook.schoolname.edu
try that and see if it works

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I tried using corporate sync, but it says it cannot connect to the server. I can connect fine on my laptop though. Any ideas?

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the right domain name? The domain name you may have to get from the school's tech help desk. They should be able to help you with other settings on your phone too. They probably have other android phones been set up already.
In the mean time a quick way is to auto forward all your emails to your gmail account.

heartforfall

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I did this for my outlook account for school too!

You first need to go to your outlook email account and sign in. click on "options" at the top right corner and then click "See All Options". In the Account section, there should be a link at the bottom that says "Settings for POP, IMAP, and SMTP access". Click that and it will pop up with the information you need to type in. Once you get that information, add another email account on your phone.
You're going to select the "others" email option so that it lets you set it up. after you put in your email and password, input the information from Outlook. For example:
Type: POP or anything else similar to POP
Servername: pod51000.outlook.com
Port: 995
Encryption: SSL

Then it'll ask you for outgoing mail (SMTP), where you will input the following:
Server: pod51000.outlook.com
Port: 560
Encryption: TSL

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Some Outlook Web Access installations have Active Sync locked down. In my corporate environment, we have to add users to a security group to allow them access to the Active Sync, which will then allow device access.

Your best bet is to reach out to the IT helpdesk for your school. They will be able to give you all of the correct settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87