To My Naked Colleagues...

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
...I refer to those of you without screen protectors:

Do you have any imperfections in your screens? Any dings, dents, or scratches? How long have you been naked? Any near misses with scratches?

Now that the X has been out for several months I figure there should be some user data to understand whether or not the gorilla glass requires a screen protector.

I bough the Verizon screen protectors and the screen protector is starting to show a little bit of wear and tear. I'm wondering if should bother using the second protector or simply go naked.

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've never used a screen protector on any touch screen phone I've ever had. I've yet to see one scratch on any of my phones, and I put my phones through the ringer. Pocket with keys and coins, I've accidentally dropped my phone a few times...yet not one scratch or imperfection. I also hate the way the screen looks with a screen protector on it. Totally dulls it.

AbeFrohman

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Naked and unblemished

Been carrying mine without a cover, skin or screen protector since day one. I just throw it in my pocket - everything from jeans to suits. I try to put it in an empty pocket, but sometimes forget and have my keys in there too.

Not a scratch. Gotta love Gorilla Glass (and see a post on the home page of Androidcentral.com for a gorilla glass ad and links to more information about it)

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Honestly with the higher end android phones I have found that I do not need a screen protector. The screens are great on these phones. My Crapberry Curve had a plastic cover on the screen that would get scuffed up bad. But my Droid X, Eris, Fascinate phones do not have screen protectors on them and they are still flawless. Although I do not manhandle my phones.

Go naked. Naked is better. You know, being naked is really sexy...for your phone that is. Screen protectors get grimey around the edges...

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I too don't have a scratch on my screen. I don't like like the look or feel of a screen protector on my phone. I do have a gel skin on it though. But the screen is unprotected.

astraelraen

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a protector on my DX and the screen appears fine after approximately 4 months of use.

My wife's fascinate though has two small scratches on the screen after the same amount of use.

She keeps hers in her purse and pocket with other stuff though. I never put my DX in the same pocket as anything else.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I've been waiting to hear some good news like this. On my BB Storms I never used a protector. Kept my phone in the same pocket as my keys, change, whatever.....never had a scratch. I didn't want to try it with the DX at first just in case but now I'm thinking about it. Maybe its time to go naked..

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Been carrying mine without a cover, skin or screen protector since day one. I just throw it in my pocket - everything from jeans to suits. I try to put it in an empty pocket, but sometimes forget and have my keys in there too.

Not a scratch. Gotta love Gorilla Glass (and see a post on the home page of Androidcentral.com for a gorilla glass ad and links to more information about it)

Same here. No case, no screen guard, not a single scratch. That glass is amazing. By the time I got rid of it, parts of the screen on my Storm 2 looked like they had been punched by extra coarse sandpaper.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Been naked since release date. Have dropped it on concrete just a couple minor blemishs by the that plastic covering the to speaker. Also I have a minor scratch on my lens unless u new it was there u can't see it. It is kinda a deep my nail can get caught on it.

Skatedawg

ROM Abuser
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I forgot my keys were in my pocket when I put my phone in there and I got a very minor scratch....but I've dropped it on the pavement twice and there has been no damage. I just have a simple shell case but this glass is great.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Now that I'm looking at my screen and the protector. The protector only covers a certain are of the screen. There's areas that are unprotected like the edges and where the Verizon and Motorola logos are and I don't see any damage or scratches. I'm still a little hesitant to take it off just yet. I have no insurance on this phone.

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I, too, have never rocked a case or screen protector. I just couldn't bare to do it to such a sexy and slim phone... Until I found a couple specs of dust UNDER said screen. :/

I currently have the Trident Kraken on order, which should be here tomorrow. Lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've never, ever used a screen protector. Used an iPhone for 2 years without
one. Been using an X for a month now without one. They're nothing but a
nuisance. A beautiful screen doesn't need to be covered by these nasty
things. I haven't experienced any scratches or dings without one.

m0nti13

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
No screen protector for me either.. Never had one... Everything in tip top shape... I'm gong to be really upset if I go home and drop it in the snow now that I said that... Knock On Wood...

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i havent had a screen protector on mine since october, no problems at all. the verizon guy told me when i bought a case there that they reccomend one for all droids. i asked him what the point of gorilla glass was then. he said that if i drop my phone the screen protector would keep the screen safe. i said, really, you think a small sliver of plastic is going to make a difference if i drop my phone face down?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Having insurance would have been my number one priority.
Now that I'm looking at my screen and the protector. The protector only covers a certain are of the screen. There's areas that are unprotected like the edges and where the Verizon and Motorola logos are and I don't see any damage or scratches. I'm still a little hesitant to take it off just yet. I have no insurance on this phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non