keep the fascinate or exchange for the droid x

knightbb

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Got the fascinate about to run out of the 30 days the fascinates GPS suck and don't know when Verizon will grace us with the tools that will make this phone work the right way.. Thinking on exchanging with the droid x (Yes i no that the droid x is bigger but it dose have lots of useful thing like the 3 mics, hd video recorder and the hdmi. the fascinate is nice works good but the only thing i cant stand is this old OS and the crappy GPS and blue-tooth music problem. I know that the droid x just got the 2.2 update.

Pease need some help with this.... have like 2 days to decide:eek:

blixtrande

Banned
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
If you're old enough to buy the phone, you're old enough to choose what's best for you. Have you thought about Googling your decision? Watching comparison vids on Cnet or youtube? Visiting other forums?

BrianTX

Jul 23, 2010
plus.google.com
Don't get the x for the os, there isn't a huge difference between 2.1 and 2.2.1. The gps issue is why I bought a second motorola device instead of the fascinate. The build quality is great, we have over clocking/under volting, and custom roms. We might see ginger bread before the galaxy s sees froyo! Good luck with your decision, they are both top tier devices.

j0hnnyRingo

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're old enough to buy the phone, you're old enough to choose what's best for you. Have you thought about Googling your decision? Watching comparison vids on Cnet or youtube? Visiting other forums?

Seriously? Are people not allowed to ask questions on a message board?

To the OP, Have you posted the same question on the Fascinate forum? On the X forum, you will get a majority of replies stating its the best phone out of any of them. Personally, I love the X (Started with the incredible, then the D2, now the X). It does everything I need it to, and I love the large screen.

What features are you wanting from the X that the Fascinate doesnt have?

Also, I would suggest going to the Fascinate forum and asking there if anyone has switched from an X to the Fascinate, and why.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Had the Fascinate for 2.5 weeks before deciding to trade in to an X. No regrets here. My wife stayed with the Fascinate and loves it, but she never uses GPS, I use GPS daily.

Truth be told, the X is barely bigger than the Fascinate and only slightly thicker, if you count the camera bulge.

Do you get that long lag, pause when loading the Market on the Fascinate? The X is much faster in that regard. The Fascinate takes forever to load the Market and even longer to actually start downloading updates.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Get what you want to get, not what other people think you should get.

Only you know what you need the phone to do for you.

NBDroid

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I had the fascinate for about 72 hours and couldnt stand it. I originally got it because I liked the look of it (I'm a girl, the bright shiny colors were attractive :rolleyes:). After playing with the fascinate, and discovering that BING was the default search engine, maps, etc... I started to get annoyed with it. I tried out the Launcher Pro + Google download fix, but I didn't like the inability to use the standard samsung widgets with the launcher change. The maps were annoying too. I had several complaints from people on the other end of my phone saying that I sounded "weird" or "different" and noticed that my bars we're sitting at 1-2 in stead of the usual 4 whenever I was at home. I went back to the vzw store, traded in the Fascinate and got my new Droid X. I Love it. Motorola does a fantastic job with the phone, and the size difference really isn't that noticeable when you are holding the phone. I think the Fascinate was 4.0 and the Droid X is 4.3. I would go with the X, but of course everybody is different. Good luck with your decision! :p

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I had several complaints from people on the other end of my phone saying that I sounded "weird" or "different" and noticed that my bars we're sitting at 1-2 in stead of the usual 4 whenever I was at home.

The Fascinate software has a bug that under reports the signal strength, I started a thread on it in several forums, including xda.

green

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Droid X since summer and I think the Galaxy S phones are just better for running Android. It seems Android is such a heavily coded OS that the best of the best hardware is needed to run it and that's why I think the Fascinate is better than the X.

I played with a Captivate and ran the same live wallpapers on each phone and the Captivate didn't chug ay all while my X got sluggish and slowed it down a lot.

Also, 3D games played better on the Galaxy S and browsing speeds (both on 2.2) were faster than the X's.

I think the Blur UI on the X sucks. Put a vanilla ROM on it though and it'll fly but it still isn't quite optimized for Android like the Galaxy S phones IMO.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
The issues your experiencing with the fascinate will not be experienced on the X. It sounds as though you need a phone that works correctly NOW and you do not have much time left before your locked in. The X works. I believe the fix for the fascinate is right around the corner so if you really like it then keep it.

However, I think you can be very happy with the DX...

nmDXaddict

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
My brother has the fascinate and he likes it a lot. But he's not techie like me and uses the phone for games and calling. He could care less about all that other stuff.

I went with the X for the simple reason I didn't want Bing on my phone.

However, if your issue is related to only the GPS not working and you want one without issues, I'd switch to the X.

My only two complaints (coming from a BB) is push notifications and battery life.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiny Flo