New To Droid X from Original Droid - Exchange Contact Sync

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi Folks,

A Two day owner of a new DroidX - as soon as the iPhone event was over and I knew 100% that I did not want it I ran to get a Droid X so I could get another one year upgrade to an LTE device in January 2012.

On my prior Droid 1 the exchange contact sync brought over the contact photos. Looks like that is not happening on my Droid X. Anyone have a fix for this?

What I did on my Droid 1 was set up my corporate account in the native accounts app to only sync contacts, and use Touchdown also. This way I could edit the contact in either touchdown of the native application for contacts and the other would get updated also. Worked well for me. I was hoping to do the same on the X but the contact pictures are not coming over on the native application sync.

What I am in the process of doing now is deleting the native contact sync and letting Touchdown copy its contacts to the native contact application and update the native application when changes appear in Touchdown.

Anyone find a workaround for this?

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to say but it is not supported on the Droid X for exchange.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48587/kw/exchange/p/30,6720,7500,

email.jpg

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I too am going to be moving from the OG Droid to an X today .. I use Touchdown exclusively for my corporate exchange email ... The native exchange app wont sort email or support folders in the OG droid either but in Touchdown it will.

Everything will work the same withing Touchdown on the X correct?

Is there anything coming from the OG Droid (other than a horrible physical keyboard) that I will loose on the X? I use LP Pro and would expect the phone to look and act pretty much the same only bigger and faster ... Correct?

Worried about the Touchdown thing now ....

Thanks!

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Correct!

Touchdown is Touchdown no matter how you slice it. Its an app and not tied to any one android phone. It will operate much the same.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Correct!

Touchdown is Touchdown no matter how you slice it. Its an app and not tied to any one android phone. It will operate much the same.

Well in that case all good. Thanks for the quick reply ...

The X will behave pretty much the same as the OG Droid when using LP Pro correct?

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Touchdown works fine on the X for me. I used the native sync for contacts as it was good for adding numbers received in the call log to existing contacts easily.

Really surprised by the lack of contact picture sync on the native X exchange sync. Why would they make this restriction? Anyone know why?

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Touchdown works fine on the X for me. I used the native sync for contacts as it was good for adding numbers received in the call log to existing contacts easily.

Really surprised by the lack of contact picture sync on the native X exchange sync. Why would they make this restriction? Anyone know why?

Honestly it was probably not in their scope as it is a google phone and they assume most people would just use Google or Facebook for contact pics.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What I did on my Droid 1 was set up my corporate account in the native accounts app to only sync contacts

How did you configure it do only sync the contacts? If I go in and set the Email Check Frequency to Never Contacts and Calendar do not update.

PLEASE HELP!! I am desperate for an answer!

thanks!