Proximity Sensor

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice that its difficult to keep the screen off when on a call? The phone is so wide that my ear doesn't cover the proximity sensor unless I move the phone so speaker isn't right over my ear anymore

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
No. The sensor should darken the screen as soon as your face is even close to the screen - like within an inch or so. The screen will light up as soon as you are that far away from it again, so you can do other functions as needed (like wading through the endless "Press 1 for...", muting, speaker, etc. It's not meant to stay off.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
yeah, when i'm on calls i can see that the physical lights turn off and on. its so wide that the sensor is kinda behind my ear. because i'm centering the speaker over my ear. if i move the phone forward a little it works fine but it just feels weird holding it that way

i'm right handed so this is on my right ear

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Use the speaker on calls that don't require privacy. Once you get used to that, there's no going back to the bent-arm, stiff neck method of yore.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
thank you arelunde
i use the bt in my car all the time. but when i'm at work on in the grocery store or something i don't wanna be "that guy" ya know

so...anyone else have this issue?

ydh2323

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
yes i have a d2g and it was just replaced, the old one worked just fine, this replacement one wont shut off when its on my ear...

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
My wife often has this same prob when she's talking on the phone. Shoulder pushing the phone on her ear. The prox sensor will recognize and turn the screen off but with a slight move. The screen comes back on and then she accidentally ends her call. It's pretty frustrating for her:mad:. The option of speaker phone isn't always there?