Droidx Always syncing

vt43

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I've always lurked but I've never actually posted, but today I need help. I have a droidx (non rooted) that is constantly syncing therefore it's drained my battery within 4 hours. (by syncing I mean the I'm getting the circling arrows right next to the 3G logo).

I don't know what is causing it, and I don't know how to stop it. Any advice (other then to reset to factory settings?)

Please help!

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I also had that issue and couldn't figure it out. I have a rooted dx and titanium backup pro so I went ahead and wiped and re-installed apps one at a time without the data backup. I think that I had a email address (yahoo) trying to sync but for whatever reason couldn't. The phone would not let me delete the account either. Good luck.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Try this...

Menu>Settings>Accounts and Sync>untick Background Data and Auto Sync. Back out, factory reset. Go back and re-tick the boxes and let it sync your google account once. Then go back to desktop and factory reset once more and see how that goes.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
ROOTED USERS:

Titanium Backup causes this when ever the Account option is restored because the email settings is not saved in this option, if you restore the "Account Storage 2.2.1" backup usually doesn't cause this issue but a hard reset is required to fix issue.

UN-ROOTED USERS:

I have learned that this comes from Google Mail option causes this and if you uncheck the mail option it will go away... I believed this also comes from using a backup app to restore account information after resetting.. Are you using a backup app and did you use it to restore device settings.