Worth getting this as an upgrade form an Incredible?

nikolasmason

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm wanting a Droid X, but I currently have a Droid Incredible. Do you think it is worth upgrading to the Droid X? Is it a better phone in any way at all? I want the larger screen and my Incredible has been messing up a bit lately, but I just want to make sure I'm not downgrading in experience and performance.

Or, is the dual core and enhanced screen worth waiting for the X2?

Does anyone have any personal experience using both the Incredible and Droid X?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I do. I will not need another phone for quite some time even with the X2 coming out and the Bionic en route and the Thunderbolt already out. I've said it already in a few posts, there's not much my phone can't do that equal or newer phones can do. The screen difference in the X to the X2 technically and knowledge-ably(?) means nothing to me. I am at 1ghz single core, and overclocked beyond that so a dual core doesnt mean much to me either. And the custom battery(GG 3500mah) is irreplaceable. And I am not lying, if I didn't permanently damage my Dinc, it would have been where my X is now. Rooted, ROM'd and doing whatever I wanted it to. Alas your research will make up your mind for you. I'm just telling of my experience with the two devices that I will never forget. Or the community that taught me about them. Ok enough mushy fecal matter. Later

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I do. I will not need another phone for quite some time even with the X2 coming out and the Bionic en route and the Thunderbolt already out. I've said it already in a few posts, there's not much my phone can't do that equal or newer phones can do. The screen difference in the X to the X2 technically and knowledge-ably(?) means nothing to me. I am at 1ghz single core, and overclocked beyond that so a dual core doesnt mean much to me either. And the custom battery(GG 3500mah) is irreplaceable. And I am not lying, if I didn't permanently damage my Dinc, it would have been where my X is now. Rooted, ROM'd and doing whatever I wanted it to. Alas your research will make up your mind for you. I'm just telling of my experience with the two devices that I will never forget. Or the community that taught me about them. Ok enough mushy fecal matter. Later

I second this, I've had my X since launch day and love it. Granted I've never owned the DInc but I've played with it and been around enough to know it really comes down to what YOU like. With the way the dev community supports android personalization no two phones are the same and any of the high end phones have amazing support. Bottom line its what feels good to you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I would NOT waste an upgrade on this phone. It makes no sense to waste money on this device that is nearly a year old. I would look at getting either the droid x 2 on may 26th or even the droid incredible 2 thats available now.

Last edited:

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree with 0pus. The device is nearly a year old. Upgrade to an X2 or Bionic or Thunderbolt. The DX has a larger screen and perhaps better battery life, but that's the only significant upgrade you'll see over a Dinc. Plus if you like Sense, you'll hate Blur.

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
yeah im with Opus, if you have an upgrade why get this one?? the Dinc2 is far superior to the X and the X2 (which i'm not interested in) is also coming so why get an X? (unless you have no choice because you can't wait for a phone in which case i'd rather pay the $50 insurance deductible and keep my upgrade)

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Dont get me wrong this has been a great device but with it coming up on its 1 year anniversary I just would use a good upgrade on it. If you have to have a Droid X buy one off ebay. I would personally wait and get the X2 in 2 weeks

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Well, I could get it super cheap and I HATE Sense. I was just curious since I know I couldn't get Tue X2 for so cheap.

that is a fair answer. my only complaint then would be that the X now comes with an 8gb instead of 16gb sd card, correct? but if it's that cheap go for it.

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Incredible 2 if you like sense thunderbolt if you have lte and like sense or wait for x2
Just my 2?
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I love my X, but I wouldn't waste the upgrade on one this late in it's life. I'd look at X2 or Inc2 or Thunderbolt. The X is nearly a year old already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress