Droid X Gingerbread update

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I ended up doing an sbf back to 2.2.1. and doing a factory reset. It's gonna be tedious to get all my stuff back to the way I like it but at least it's fixed. Thanks for all the advice nhugh406!

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The OTA didn't work. kept failing. I unrooted, still failed. I wiped the phone and tried to install from one of the links here and the .zip file was a "bad file" now the OTA update is not available any more...I would appreciate any tips...

Thanks

excelsisba

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
The OTA didn't work. kept failing. I unrooted, still failed. I wiped the phone and tried to install from one of the links here and the .zip file was a "bad file" now the OTA update is not available any more...I would appreciate any tips...

I had the same problem. I ended up having to go all the way back to a fresh stock. Even after that the ota dissappeared on me also. I got it to work by following this link

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
  • download this file
    Get Update.zip on Wupload.com
  • place on the root directory of your SD card, and then turn off your phone
  • While the phone is off hold the HOME and POWER buttons at the same time until it turns on
  • After a few seconds you will see the android logo/guy and what looks like triangle alert symbol behind him.
  • When you see the logo press the SEARCH key
  • If you placed the linked file (update.zip) in the root directory you should see it listed, use the volume up/down keys to highlight it and then press the camera button to select it, and it should start from there. When done it will say update is complete and just select "reboot".

I see some people are saying to clear your cache, but I didnt and everything went fine.

i dont know if you have to but I unrooted, and unfroze any programs that i tried to freeze, because it wouldnt let me update with them frozen. So I would say just remove your root and that should get to pretty much back to stock, its what I did and it worked.

can I download this from my phone or do I have to download it on my laptop? and how do I get it onto the root of my sd card?

ShanMan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I am runnin on a NON rooted DX with the .588 GB leak. Radio version is .12p. I attempted to install the new GB. I downloaded the Deodexed version of the update and placed it on my SD card. I renamed it to update. I went into recovery and did a cache wipe and attempted to flash the update. However I get the "e: verification error" after I select the file.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Guardian

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I am runnin on a NON rooted DX with the .588 GB leak. Radio version is .12p. I attempted to install the new GB. I downloaded the Deodexed version of the update and placed it on my SD card. I renamed it to update. I went into recovery and did a cache wipe and attempted to flash the update. However I get the "e: verification error" after I select the file.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Yes, please read the thread you got the file from. It is unsigned so you have to install from ClockWork Recovery(DROID2). Renaming the file update and installing with the stock recovery is not the same nor should anyone try it.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem. I ended up having to go all the way back to a fresh stock. Even after that the ota dissappeared on me also. I got it to work by following this link

This is exactly where I went the last time and it was a bad file...I downloaded the full stock version since my phone is now unrooted and stock...is that the right one...what do I need to do with the file...I had renamed it update.zip but that didn't work last time.

dbeatty1954

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Upgrading to GB

Well it worked, just followed the instructions provided. Wasn't sure at first, but phone is up and showing version 2.3.3. Just couldn't wait. Thanks for the instructions.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Im good, updated and themed.... Wasn't going to do it but I couldn't resist..

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

ShanMan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, please read the thread you got the file from. It is unsigned so you have to install from ClockWork Recovery(DROID2). Renaming the file update and installing with the stock recovery is not the same nor should anyone try it.

Thanks, I went back and re-read the thread. I didnt understand that to use clockwork recovery you had to be rooted. The instructions didnt mention that you needed to be rooted but a more knowledgeable person would have known.

So as I see it then my options are to:
1) root my phone for clockwork to work, knowing Ill loose that root once I install the newest GB.
2) SBF back to froyo
3) Wait for a signed version to be posted somewhere and use the same process I decribed in my original post to install it?

Am I missing something?

Guardian

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I went back and re-read the thread. I didnt understand that to use clockwork recovery you had to be rooted. The instructions didnt mention that you needed to be rooted but a more knowledgeable person would have known.

So as I see it then my options are to:
1) root my phone for clockwork to work, knowing Ill loose that root once I install the newest GB.
2) SBF back to froyo
3) Wait for a signed version to be posted somewhere and use the same process I decribed in my original post to install it?

Am I missing something?

I was on 595 and I SBFed to stock froyo, then rooted and installed droid2 recovery, and then finally installed the two part gingerbread rom. Doing so, I still have root on 596 official.

nhugh406

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Here's an unrelated question. My volume (system wide) seems to be very very low, even on the highest setting. Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my GingerBlur Droid X using Tapatalk.