Am I really the last?

bcpalma

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
About phone - System Updates...........Your device is up to date! It is like a disease, I have been checking for my gingerbread update every hour on the hour for DAYS! Am I the last one on earth?

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
About phone - System Updates...........Your device is up to date! It is like a disease, I have been checking for my gingerbread update every hour on the hour for DAYS! Am I the last one on earth?

Only if you are behind me....

I'll admit it was really nice being on the SOAK team for Andriod 3.1 on the Xoom.

sahmd

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I've restarted and even tried a battery pull (can you tell i'm a blackberry convert?), still no dice.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Um, hey guys, the OTA hasn't been released to the masses yet. Read the countless threads here in the Droid X forum.

The people who did get the OTA were ones who signed up to be in the Motorola test release & the others who got it did so by:
1.) manually downloading the rooted version & pushed it to their phones using a Bootstrapper or
2.) downloading the nonrooted update.zip & installing it through recovery.

If you want it now...do one of those two things.
If you don't...relax and wait like the overwhelming majority of owners who haven't gotten it yet.

p.s. When it does come, it will be available after Midnight PST (Pacific Standard Time) since Google is in CA. If you check once & it isn't there, it WON'T be until the next day...at the earliest, so it makes absolutely no sense to check every hour on the hour unless you just WANT to waste your time.

Reactions: sahmd

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have been checking for the ota daily on my fiancee's phone, she has always kept her x absolutely stock from day one. Her power button doesn't work due to a toilet mishap, so I can't even do a normal android boot install of the non rooted official.
Now that she has seen gb on my phone, she is anxious as well. I guess someday they'll put it out there, eh?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been checking for the ota daily on my fiancee's phone, she has always kept her x absolutely stock from day one. Her power button doesn't work due to a toilet mishap, so I can't even do a normal android boot install of the non rooted official.
Now that she has seen gb on my phone, she is anxious as well. I guess someday they'll put it out there, eh?

Must have been a different kind of soak ;)

Reactions: anon(19758)