Editing Contacts

fabs109#AC

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
is anyone else not able to edit contacts on their droid x2? i just bought one and i had them transfer my contacts and when i try to edit a contact it says that " motorolla service contact information is not editable on this device" any suggestions this sucks not being able to edit any info!

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
is anyone else not able to edit contacts on their droid x2? i just bought one and i had them transfer my contacts and when i try to edit a contact it says that " motorolla service contact information is not editable on this device" any suggestions this sucks not being able to edit any info!

If you are trying to delete the preinstalled account contacts like #bal, you can't. However, you can choose to not display them. When in your contacts, hit menu, then select "Display Options". On th ebottom half of the screen are all the apps that will gather contacts together. The only one that I have turned on is Google/Systemgroup: My Contacts. I unchecked all the others listed in google, as well as any other accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. This will not effect those other services from syncing with your contacts. Their facebook status will still show up in the contact.

I also find it helpful to check off the box for "Only contacts with phone numbers"

Good luck.

fabs109#AC

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
If you are trying to delete the preinstalled account contacts like #bal, you can't. However, you can choose to not display them. When in your contacts, hit menu, then select "Display Options". On th ebottom half of the screen are all the apps that will gather contacts together. The only one that I have turned on is Google/Systemgroup: My Contacts. I unchecked all the others listed in google, as well as any other accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. This will not effect those other services from syncing with your contacts. Their facebook status will still show up in the contact.

I also find it helpful to check off the box for "Only contacts with phone numbers"

Good luck.

thank you BUT the problem isnt those kind of numbers it is doing it for any phone number I have in my contact list. I cant edit any contact at all the only ones i can is new numbers i add manually.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm wondering if when the you "had them" transfer your contacts, they used Backup Assistant, which may not allow the phone to edit its contacts. There's gotta be a way for Google to back up the contacts on your phone and then get rid of the other ones. I just can't write the 7 paragraphs that it would take to determine that. It would be a lot easier if you could find someone in person to poke around for you that knew something about Andoid. Sorry. :-(

fabs109#AC

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if when the you "had them" transfer your contacts, they used Backup Assistant, which may not allow the phone to edit its contacts. There's gotta be a way for Google to back up the contacts on your phone and then get rid of the other ones. I just can't write the 7 paragraphs that it would take to determine that. It would be a lot easier if you could find someone in person to poke around for you that knew something about Andoid. Sorry. :-(

ya im actually a indirect dealer and i am really into android i just have never seen this problem neither has anyone with verizon! thank you for your help tho

Army21

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The only time i had a similar problem was if the contacts originated or are merged with a facebook contact i was not able to edit them in that case.

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend, who has the same phone, had this problem after Verizon transferred her contacts. Add a new contact and see if you have the same problem. You shouldnt. Thats why I didnt have them transfer my contacts.

fargles

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
strange, I have no difficulty editing contacts hold the contact name press edit...

I have a feeling I am misinterpreting the question though lol:p

Frank Iorio

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Editing Contacts Android x2

I've had the same exact problem. No one in the Verizon Customer Service abyss is equipped to provide a solution to this issue. Seems that type of problem should be caught and addressed in the development stage of the product. Another dropped ball by Verizon! Apparently they're just to big to provide decent customer service...

vzw_support

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Editing Contacts Android x2

I've had the same exact problem. No one in the Verizon Customer Service abyss is equipped to provide a solution to this issue. Seems that type of problem should be caught and addressed in the development stage of the product. Another dropped ball by Verizon! Apparently they're just to big to provide decent customer service...

Hi Frank lorio,

I understand your discontent; I would be frustrated if I could not edit my contacts. Upon research of this issue I learned that the issue occurred when contacts were transferred from a phone to another phone at our stores due to some software bug. This issue has been resolved and our stores are now equipped with a new software that will transfer contacts from one phone to another without any effect your ability to edit your contacts. Please feel free to visit any Verizon Wireless store to have this issue resolved.

Please keep in mind that you can also contact us on Twitter @VZWSupport for any device, billing and service issue. Our Social Media Team hours of operation are Monday to Friday 7am-10pm CST, and Saturday 7am-4pm CST.

VZW_CS

garyhavener

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a droid x2 and I am able to edit my contacts with no trouble. The only ones that I can not edit are ones that came from facebook. I can't edit any of those.

tarekzaydan

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone
I just got this trouble in my tab contact folder
When i click edit sign for any contact , it takes time & then i got massage contact will close
Did anyone face this ???
Looks like big problem to me

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone
I just got this trouble in my tab contact folder
When i click edit sign for any contact , it takes time & then i got massage contact will close
Did anyone face this ???
Looks like big problem to me

Have you rebooted your phone? If so, have you tried force stopping Contacts, then rebooting, then trying it again? Or clearing out cache in contacts (although I don't think there will be any there)?

Is there anyway to edit your Facebook contacts on your phone? Or do I have to create a whole new contact?

You'll need to create a new contact, but, then you can Merge it with your FB contact and it will be one contact.

JAZZYMANITZ

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with motorola.. you have to have your contacts as a google contact in order to change any pictures.. I did and it worked! If it says moto contact you can't change it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89