8GB card included

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to drop an FYI that the X2 only comes with an 8GB card in the box. I've read a couple reviews stating its 16 but I just bought my x2 today and it had 8. Not a problem for me though. Already had a 32 GB card lying around.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

xwera43

Dec 20, 2009
www.myspace.com
What's odd is that the internal storage is listed at 8GB but is showing just over 4GB. Worse yet is that it's /sdcard and your actual sd card is /sdcard-ext to which the phone reads but doesn't seem to write to.

X

Edit: Forgot, the two together "should" be 16GB and that's what you're thinking.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

djturnz

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from a MOTO DROID 1 that has finally started to die. My X2 should be here tomorrow. My 16GB cards kept failing and I got tired of sending them back. I am using a 4gb in my D1. I'd like to swap everything from it to my 8gb card when it comes. With the extension difference, I guess this isn't as easy as copying files. How is this handled?

ZoSoSwiM

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I put a folder for music on my 8gig ext SD card.. Also put a bunch of old pictures on the card as well.
From what I've seen the only thing the phone will use the ext SD for is the camera. It did automatically recognize the location of my music and pictures though. I'm sure other apps can use the card. Hell... even Titanium Backup won't store backups or files there.