Moto Droid Camera versus Incredible

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
My wife just got the Incredible and the camera is so much better than my Moto Droid. If you are happy with your camera on your Moto Droid could you please post your settings.

I have never been happy with the camera, but now I really see what I have been missing.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
HTCs camera really is not that great to be honest. I mean yeah it might be a little better then the Droids but wait untill the Moto Shadow or Droid2 comes out. Both phones are going to sh*t all over the Incredible. everything the Incredible does my Droid can do. My droid is actually clocked faster then the 1.0 ghz processor on the Incredible that everyone is making a big about too ;)

R

Roy Aguilera

The setting options on the incredible are awesome. The Droid camera IMHO always sucked.

R

Roy Aguilera

HTCs camera really is not that great to be honest. I mean yeah it might be a little better then the Droids but wait untill the Moto Shadow or Droid2 comes out. Both phones are going to sh*t all over the Incredible. everything the Incredible does my Droid can do. My droid is actually clocked faster then the 1.0 ghz processor on the Incredible that everyone is making a big about too ;)

How exactly do you know how good the shadows camera will outperform? It's not even out yet.:confused:

rjf111

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any problems with my camera -- it takes beautiful pictures -- maybe the problem is the nut that holds the camera in place :D

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The camera on the Droid is terrible what a waste of 5mp I see the shadow will have an 8mp camera but I hope they don't get the lenses from the same company because it to will suck

Last edited:

dgolom

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a big problem with the quality of the pictures my Droid takes. I have a problem with how long it takes to actually take the picture after I press the button. This is definitely an area where the Incredible blows the Droid away.

solideliquid

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
In my experience (even with IMHO the superior camera in the 3GS) these camera phones don't take good pictures unless I'm out in the full daylight. Any pictures indoors with less than bright lights pics come out grainy.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

Lol well someone is insecure about their Droid hahahahaa

Simply put, the Droid's camera is terrible, and by that I mean the optics. Setting and all that are good and fine, but it comes down to the lens. People think megapixels make a good camera but that is not true. It is "all in the glass"...the lens.

F

fearmychickens

I've only taken a few pictures with my Droid's camera and don't have any complaints. It takes good pictures. I haven't played with an Incredible but from what I hear it takes better pictures.

I7 R O I D

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I have absolutely no problem with my camera on my Motorola Droid. In fact, I went into the Verizon Store just to check out the Incredible and I took identical pictures from it and my Droid and I thought they were very close, if not exact, to being the same.

All in All, I don't see the difference and I'm not a photographer but I do have lots of camera's and take tons of pictures.

G

GenericMessage

As someone who works in the professional digital imaging development sector let me put things straight.

MP don't mean a darn darn darn DARN thing.

NOTTA.

Because the difference between 5mp and 8mp is 600ppi

And that means notta.

What makes a good image digitally is the width of the lens, what kind of glass its made out of, the processor that processes that image.

So to say: "my incredible's camera is far superior" is just silly.

For I bet that they are made out of the same material, and probably have the same size processor. Can someone pick up a P.A.S. camera that's at 10mp and 14mp and tell the difference? Nope. And don't try to say you can.

MP's only matter if you're going to blow up the image!

3mp can make a 5x7 and 8mp can make a 8x10
Those are the maximum sizes you can make before you will lose clarity.

So don't kid yourself, they will BOTH stink. For the camera isn't the major point of the phone.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I was very disappointed with the Droid Camera. All pics were subject to blurriness.

Until I payed for an after market camera app! The way it takes pictures is more like a real camera. It continuously focuses and then captures the pic when you push the button. For whatever reason the native app focuses after you push the button. Which means you can never get a picture of your kids. Who are always moving around. I was blown away at the difference. I actually enjoy taking pics now.

Pipester

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that I wish the Droid would do is touch to focus.

Honestly, I don't see a HUGE difference with the cameras, the both kind of suck in low light, but rock outside in daylight.

No matter how many Mega Pixels these cameras get the actual image quality will not improve until the lenses get better.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
cell phone cameras are good for a quick shot of something, if I need a good picture I have a 40d and a couple of L lenses

Kratzer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The saying is true...the best camera is the one you have in hand. Neither camera is going to replace your D300, but they for archieving life's oddities, they are fine, IMHO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo