Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Corporate Calendar not syncing

I set up the Exchange sync and email and contacts are working fine, but the calendar is not working. When I go into menu and hit refresh it says that authentification failed. We have Exchange 2003, would that make a difference for corporate calendar sync? Any one with knowledge of exchange have any thoughts before I contact our IT guys on Monday?

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Same here. We have Exchange 2007.. Email and Contacts sync fine. Calendar just says 'Sync Failed'.. and for my company I am the admin for our exchange box... this definitely seems like a handset problem to me.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Has anyone gotten Corporate calendar to sync?

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Mine is working fine.

no luck here! 2007 Server

Mine works with Exchange2003. I have heard of others that had problems with the calendar not syncing with Exchange2007.

I had the exact same issue. Updated SBS 2003 to Service Pack 2 then deleted exchange connection from Droid and setup again. Worked fine then.

Quote Originally Posted by trabbic View Post
    Mine is working fine.
    and you didn't do anything special? i am experiencing the similar problems to the others. Contacts and emails are ok but calendar fails on authentication

From what I have read online...if your exchange server (2007) is running SP2 it will work. Otherwise it seems hit like it is hit or miss.

I got mine to work. What I had to do was:

1. Remove the exchange acct
    2. Rebooted the Droid
    3. Opened the Corporate Calendar and added the exchange account here instead of doing it through email or through Accounts and Sync

Calendar, Emails, and Contacts are all syncing fine now.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hatch.duffy View Post
    I got mine to work. What I had to do was:

1. Remove the exchange acct
    2. Rebooted the Droid
    3. Opened the Corporate Calendar and added the exchange account here instead of doing it through email or through Accounts and Sync

Calendar, Emails, and Contacts are all syncing fine now.
    I was ripping my hair out trying to find a fix for this problem. Thanks for posting. This info will be included in the FAQ.

FINALLY WORKING! I have seen lots of tricks to this, so I cannot guarantee this one will work for you.

First, I am syncing with Exchange 2003 SP2. I can use OWA with no SSL. To access it I use <domainname>/exchange.

I first tried installing Exchange by Touchdown and syncing. See Corporate Calendar - Android Forums for the steps. I left the trial installed.

No success so I tried hatch.duffy's post and removed Corporate Sync and reinstalled from Corporate Calendar. Still no luck.

Finally, I tried this again, but I left off the /exchange that I use in OWA. Bingo. I suddenly get Calendar, Contacts, and Mail. I removed Touchdown and it still syncs.

Hope this works for some of you.

Thanks, hutch.duffy, but it still didnt work for me. However, a friend told me about a programme called MyLink, I tested the beta version and I must say I finally find something that works for me.
    In case someone wants to test it:

Wave Global Services UK Limited

I too had sync failed on calendar. After removing the corporate account on my Milestone and then readding it through Accounts & Sync, the calendar is fine.

I tried MyLink Advanced too, it worked great, pretty full featured with mail, contacts, notes, calendar and tasks. I had a bit of an issue with the calendar though, very basic. But, they released an update earlier this week that sorted the calendar right out, proper day/week/month view.

Its the best thing i have tried so far @ waveglobal dot net

Anyone found anything better?

Quote Originally Posted by isidore View Post
    Finally, I tried this again, but I left off the /exchange that I use in OWA. Bingo. I suddenly get Calendar, Contacts, and Mail. I removed Touchdown and it still syncs.
    This did it for me (entered the account through the calendar as suggested in other posts). Thanks!

Mine was syncing, but stopped after I had to reset my password (our policy required password changed every 45 days). To get it up and working again, I went to Accounts and Sync and turned off the calendar sync, backed out, then went back in and turned it back on. The calendar was re-synced up to date within a few minutes.

Default Fixed my co-workers phone

Factory reset was the only way I could fix this issue...

issue with droid in exchange: for some reason my contacts and tasks sync, but calendar and email do not. same problem in touchdown. any ideas???
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,019 Global Posts

J
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidDiva View Post
    issue with droid in exchange: for some reason my contacts and tasks sync, but calendar and email do not. same problem in touchdown. any ideas???
    Please try the instructions included on the last post on the first page of this thread.

Default Duplicate calendars

I was having an issue where the Corporate Calendar wouldn't sync because of duplicate calendars with the same name (i had recreated an exchange acct for a user multiple times and each version was still in the corporate calendar even though I had deleted them). What I had to do was go into settings -> applications -> manage applications -> menu key -> filter -> show all and then find Corporate Calendar, and then go in and delete all data. This will reset the settings and data for the exchange calendar, then when you go back in it will re-download the whole calendar. Hope this helps.