How I got jumped ship from BB to Android...

b1gt78

May 14, 2010
Visit site
idk if you guys have any similar stories on how you got your Droid but i think mine is pretty unique...

so i got my BB storm on launch and i loved it...then when the Droid came out, i wanted it soooo bad but there is no way i was about to deal with all the contract nonsense since i was not available for a upgrade from VZ. so i did what any other person would do and i went to craigslist =) i saw that the sale price of the storm was at about $200 and the droid was running for about $450.
so i got pretty clever and decided to post an ad saying i would trade my BB and some cash for a droid and to my surprize, 2 days later i got a call... the next day i was rockin my new droid which costed me my BB storm and $80. so i ended up getting my droid for approximately $280 without having to sign a new contract or anything!!! and guys this was about 2 months after the Droid released in the US. so correct me if im wrong but i think i got a pretty sweet deal!!!

ps. BB sucks. jumping ship to Android was one of the best choices i've made tech-wise

Last edited:

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Now now, Blackberry doesn't totally suck. I came from Blackberrys after 3 years with them. I love Android, but Blackberry will always have a special, battery-pulling spot in my heart ;)

And I sometimes miss BBM while I lay awake at night :p

b1gt78

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Now now, Blackberry doesn't totally suck. I came from Blackberrys after 3 years with them. I love Android, but Blackberry will always have a special, battery-pulling spot in my heart ;)

And I sometimes miss BBM while I lay awake at night :p

haha battery pulling...dam how i (dont) miss those days

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Bbm is probably the only thing I miss about blackberry. My Droid truly gives me all I need. Half of my Gtalk friends are folks I chatted with on bbm.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Now now, Blackberry doesn't totally suck.
I certainly prefer supporting BB's in a corporate environment versus Android. For personal use though, it's definitely Android for me. Each device has its niche despite what any fanboy might try to tell you.

Never had to pull the battery on my BB but I was using an 8310 and had no interest in the Storms which seemed to be nothing but trouble. Also, unlike other BB converts, I don't miss BBM.

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
BBM

Hello,

I also missed BBM a whole lot, until I downloaded pMessenger.

It is a free, cross-platform, BBM style app. Doesn't have quite as many of BBM's features, but it is very similiar, battery friendly, and works on Androids, iPhones, and Blackberrys.

Now everyone can talk to everyone. I got a bunch of my friends to download the app (a few Blackberrys, a Droid, and a few iPhones) and they all love it.

M

b1gt78

May 14, 2010
Visit site
<<.<<

Sometimes... when no one's looking.......

>>.>>

I pull my Droid's battery. ^.^

haha thats funny. sounds like blackberry got you addicted to pulling batteries haha. well i might try pulling my Droid's battery once in a while for good ol' times. luckily the droid doesnt take 3-4 minutes to boot up eh?

b1gt78

May 14, 2010
Visit site
idk about the rest of you guys but i never missed BBM... i guess i never really got into it since i was not a corporate user or even knew many people with blackberrys... most of my IM buddies are on yahoo and Droid does that so im all good

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
@b1gt78... lol. Yep. Addicted to battery pulls... now they're quicker so I can do more of them in the same amount of time!!

I'd like to have BBM back, I miss it for the handful of people I chatted with there. I'd almost be willing to subscribe to a service to have BBM on my Droid..... maybe.

b1gt78

May 14, 2010
Visit site
haha yea ur right. its like doing battery pulls with turbo! haha

and about BBM... wouldnt it be sweet for you ex-Blackberry owners to have BBM on the droid? mmm... it would be a great idea if Droid did BBM =)

96accord#AC

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Congrats!

I did something similar. I had the Tour 9630 and I found a nice young fellow that sold his to me when he upgraded to the Incredible. :)

Sold my Tour to a car buddy to recoup the price I paid for the Droid. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87