Does anyone think you are mumbling??

ChephG

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I have had our Droids for about 4 months now and both of us are having the same problem. Everyone we talk to says that most of the time it sounds like we are mumbling on the phone and they can understand us. We have tried hold the phone a different ways. Nothing. Does anyone else have this problem or are we just mumblers and we dont know it. Could it be the speaker or the microphone?

jak112460

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I have had our Droids for about 4 months now and both of us are having the same problem. Everyone we talk to says that most of the time it sounds like we are mumbling on the phone and they can understand us. We have tried hold the phone a different ways. Nothing. Does anyone else have this problem or are we just mumblers and we dont know it. Could it be the speaker or the microphone?

My wife hates my Droid. She says she can't understand anything through my phone.

Chiefvelo#IM

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have heard some comments about this search the threads. I don't think i have seen a cause as its sporadic.
Personally My Droid is one of the best sounding phones i have ever had in all situations. I had one from launch and dropped it and damaged the screen. I have a replacement and its the same or better being a newer build.
Good luck, search the threads, call Verizon tech and talk to a few different people. Get it elevated to a special department and they have the best training to trouble shoot.

haber123

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
People say that I sound like I am mumbling also. Reading in the forum, found a topic about the program menu - from the phone dial pad type ##program and send. Password is 6 zeros (000000). Go to option 4 (vocode) and change to 13k or evo-b. I went to 13k and phone conversation quality way better.

Hope that helps...

JJRocker

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the exact same problem. Everyone told me I sounded like I was mumbling, but my wife sounded crystal clear on her droid. Turns out the problem was the hard cover I purchased from Verizon. The cutout for the mic covers it too much. I replaced it with a Seidio Innocase and that cleared up the problem. Try your phone without the cover and see if that clears up the issue. If it does, I highly recommend the Seidio case.

sperho

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My wife and my phones have the same problem. No cases. Very disapponiting. I've tried all the different codecs to no avail. 2.1, 2.2, no difference. My BB Bold wins on outgoing voice quality by a mile. However, besides email, the Droid wins everywhere else. Sigh.

bborst

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Strangely enough, the only time I complain about the voice quality is when I'm talking to my wife... on her MotoDroid. Same goes for her. We can hear all other calls just fine, but not to each other. :mad:

EndorphinRush

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a horrible time with this! I switched from a BB Tour to the droid, and it really is a night and day difference. But in the 3 months I've been running with this droid the only complaint I have is call quality, it's terrible! Though it does not happen (that I know of anyway) on every call but my girl was always quick to just hang up with a "well I couldn't understand you" even my parents have a hard time hearing me. I got my girl a droid as well and she's had the issue a few times as well. To be honest I don't mind mainly because it's a great way to get people like me sisters off the phone in a hurry :p but it does become a pain when I have to call from a landline because no body on the conference call is able to hear me during my weekly meetings. I use to be able to do those on the run, not so much anymore lol. Overall if it happens I just talk really loud like the nokia guy in the art gallery, every phone has it's quirks and to be honest I would still take my droid hands down every time over my old tour

But this is just one dudes humble opinion

_EDIT_
Guess I should note I tried with and with out a case also (like the iphone) tried holding it differently. Also tried to look around the settings but nothing seemed work

Last edited: