32GB SDHC Compatable?

Herc130

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Ther is space for two memory cards, unfortunately the second space in the droids we have now is just space, they didn't actually put in the hardware to make use of the cards....they just left space to do so in a future phone that they no doubt coulda easily done right now but they wouldn't make as much money from stringing it out. There will be 32gb microsdhc cards eventually though. All I could find was pre-order at some euro site, failed to find any actual info beyond that, but it's late and I am in zombie mode

Sandisk 32gb Micro SD SDHC PRE-ORDER : SanDisk micro SD

cizake

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
@Herc130 the second space is not for additional memory but for the SIM in GSM version.
Milestone and Droid use the same internal back panel where a Micro SD and a GSM SIM card can be inserted.

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking about going to verizon and getting a 32gb card!
I'll loose my pics and videos off the 16gb, but it shouldnt be to bad! Maybe, maybe not... I should have done the 32 when I got the phone...

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I have personally tested the Droid, Eris and Hero with a 32G A-Data class 6 card and it works on all three, But stock android is painfully slow reading the gallery the first time after a reboot. HTC gallery, OI file manager gallery, and Astro file gallery are faster, but not by much.

Subsequent reads are at normal speed, so it just takes a while to index the data.

*edit*
Should have added, I have no idea where or when these will be widely available. I got mine from from an Evertek account rep for testing.

Last edited:

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
For the right price I would upgrade to one, as long as it doesnt slow anything down over all, the first reading being slow I have no problem with.

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking about going to verizon and getting a 32gb card!
I'll loose my pics and videos off the 16gb, but it shouldnt be to bad! Maybe, maybe not... I should have done the 32 when I got the phone...

Just put all the pictures and videos on your computer in a folder and then swap cards and then transfer them back on the new larger memory card... Should be simple.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I would probably get a 32 GB card, but from what I read when they are going to start coming out, it looks like a few hundred bucks a pop. A little too much for me right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87