Battery pull?

TitaniumMan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm so use to doing battery pulls when I had my storm and made it work well..

Should we do a battery pull too on the droid? I noticed it does makes a difference. I also use task killer but over several days that does not help the memory... Maybe theirs memory leaks within this OS like RIM ? :confused:

Maybe someone should make a droid verison of quick pull??

What are your guys thoughts or experience with the memory and performance so far?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Mine has been great so far. I personally have not had any performance issues. I suppose it really depends on what apps you are using.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
There was a thread somewhere on one of the forums that a battery pull almost messed up their Droid. Turn the Droid off before taking the battery out.

kegstand

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I installed about 6 apps so far and I must say I had to do one battery pull this morning. For some reason my mic went out when switching to speakerphone. I could her the person I was calling just fine but it was like I was on mute on my end.

Did the battery pull and speakerphone working fine again for me.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have pulled the battery a couple of times for pretty much no reason except I'm a former Black Berry user and its just habit. Neither time did it have any negative effect on my Droid or any that I could tell. I use task manager every night before bed and have not had any performance issues with the droid to date.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I have two droids, one with a lot of apps and one with NO apps...........I noticed there are a few rogue apps that cause those glitches. Never did a battery pull YET on the virgin droid but had to once on the app'd droid. To be fair I think the developers are scrambling to get apps compatible with 2.0 Eclair software. Maybe we should give them some time to catch up and not complain by installing non-compatible apps.;)

TitaniumMan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah possibly some apps causing some issues.

I had one problem using the video.. didnt work! I did a battery pull and its works.. so I dunno, few core apps had to do battery pulls in order for it to work.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Yeah possibly some apps causing some issues.

I had one problem using the video.. didnt work! I did a battery pull and its works.. so I dunno, few core apps had to do battery pulls in order for it to work.

Yeah, you have to be careful of what apps you install as some of them may not be 100% compatible with 2.0 yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress