losing data connection after signal drops

iluvmonkeys2

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Second day in a row. I've lost signal and then when it comes back I have no data connection. The 3G is gone and I am unable to connect to the internet. Yesterday I went to Verizon and, after waiting 35 minutes, they fixed in about 2.5 seconds. It's happened again but I don't have time to run to Verizon everyday. Anyone know how to get it back? Thanks!

samdroid

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Did they, at the Verizon store, tell you what caused the problem? Maybe someone here could help you out if you could expand on the cause.
Try rebooting your phone for starters. Check the phone's signal under :Settings-->About phone-->Status-->Signal strength. If this reads in the high -90dbs or over a -100dbs then you might be experiencing antenna/radio issues. I had a similar problem.
Also, on the dialer type *228 and select option "2" this will update the phone's roaming capabilities and possibly connectivity issues.

Good luck.

iluvmonkeys2

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Not a word about what caused it and it's happened twice so far today. I have shut the phone off and done battery pulls neither of which seems to help. I'm starting to get extremely frustrated! Will try calling *228. Anyone else have suggestions? Thanks!

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
happened to me once, had no data at all, phone calls worked fine though. Was like this for about an hour so went to verizon store, after signing into tech support I started browsing the store and it magically came back on, was a long line so I just left never happened again.