Turning off Mobile Network - Running wifi Only?

blackops#IM

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Just curious is there a way to turn off mobile network and only have wifi turned on?

I know how to do this on my BB (manage connections, etc). Just not sure how to do it on Droid.

I wanted to test out an app to see if it works on wifi only and does not have to have and use 3G/1X service.

Thanks,

Last edited:

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Just curious is there a way to turn off mobile network and only have wifi turned on?

I know how to do this on my BB (manage connections, etc). Just not sure how to do it on Droid.

I wanted to test out an app to see if it works on wifi only and does not have to have and use 3G/1X service.

Thanks,

Settings>>> Wireless & networks>>>turn on airplane mode>>>> wait a few seconds till you see the 3G symbol vanish>>> select wi-fi.........
another trick you can do is>>> find a screen where you dont have many programs>>> tap on menu >>>>tap on ADD>>>select widgets>>>select Power Control.this gives you quick access to all quick settings.

Last edited:

blackops#IM

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Settings>>> Wireless & networks>>>turn on airplane mode>>>> wait a few seconds till you see the 3G symbol vanish>>> select wi-fi.........

Yeah that is what I did just was not sure if that was correct at all. Good to see that I am not totally stupid. App did not work when I did it so that is what threw me off.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Yeah that is what I did just was not sure if that was correct at all. Good to see that I am not totally stupid. App did not work when I did it so that is what threw me off.
lol......nobody is stupid Sir.......just new to a device and it takes a little getting used to...and after all we are human beings and we learn new "stuff" everyday.;)

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
There's a widget or app called Airplane Mode, and it's used more than any other on mine. With the battery widget, where you control BT, Wifi and GPS, you have all the controls in two widgets.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
A quick way to airplane mode is to hold down the power button/screen toggle switch for about 3-5 seconds, and a menu will pop up asking you if you want silent, to shut down the phone, or go into airplane mode. Choose that one.