How to set custom ringtone as notification?

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I created a custom ringtone on Ringdroid and saved a copy in the ringtones folder of my SD card-- yet I'm unable to select it as the notification ringtone...

I can set it as the Phone ringtone, but somehow the notification ringtone list is short and only has the ones that came with the phone...

pmas

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
make a subdirectory for notifications. So, on your SD card, it would be media/notifications. Put the tone into the notifications folder.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I created a custom ringtone on Ringdroid and saved a copy in the ringtones folder of my SD card-- yet I'm unable to select it as the notification ringtone...

I can set it as the Phone ringtone, but somehow the notification ringtone list is short and only has the ones that came with the phone...

In ringdroid you need to make sure you select "notification" as the type when you save it. Also, it should be a short clip, only a couple secs long.

CynicalDreams81

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
In the notifications folder that you created change the file name from whatever (I.E. .mp3) to .ogg and it'll show as an alert tone but will not show in ringtones.

*EDIT* Just an FYI .ogg is the file extension for alert tones on the Droid if no one understood. I tend to not clarify.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZCY