Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Droid won't turn on

    What should I do since my droid isnt turning on. The battery died yesterday then 2 hrs later I went home and plugged it into the charger. Then 30 min later it wasnt turning on. I know I could just get a replacement but I have texts that came in while it was off.
    Switched from Storm to Droid now I'm happier then ever.
  2. #2  

    Default

    If you got messages while the phone was off they are still sitting on the server waiting to be delivered, which means if you replace before the original device can be turned on they should be sent to the new device.

    I'm not sure if you tried pulling the battery and putting it back in to make sure it's properly seated but if you have and that hasn't helped I would take it in to the store.

    Out of curiosity did a white light come on that is seated in the charge port? If not it might not have actually been charginging. Just a thought.
    Last edited by nerdbox08; 01-17-2010 at 09:11 AM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox08 View Post
    If you got messages while the phone was off they are still sitting on the server waiting to be delivered, which means if you replace before the original device can be turned on they should be sent to the new device.
    O okay do you think they would make me pay the 50 dollars to replace it.
    Switched from Storm to Droid now I'm happier then ever.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    And also what do I do about getting my apps back
    Switched from Storm to Droid now I'm happier then ever.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trackizmy1 View Post
    O okay do you think they would make me pay the 50 dollars to replace it.
    I edited my previous post twice. lol
  6. #6  

    Default

    i dont know if your in the same boat as me but..last niite i was watching the football game..my phone was 75% charged...then all the sudden it turned off and now it wont power on..i plug it into the charger and the little light comes on the side..not the red notification light just the white one by the charger port...i bought this phone second hand from someone that worked at verizon..im pretty sure there not going to replace it, unless i can convince them that i bought it from them
  7. #7  

    Default

    If the phone is defective they will probably replace it with a refurb at no charge. If you broke it and have insurance I believe the price is 89(read that in another forum don't quote me). as for apps I am unsure.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droidbroke1 View Post
    i dont know if your in the same boat as me but..last niite i was watching the football game..my phone was 75% charged...then all the sudden it turned off and now it wont power on..i plug it into the charger and the little light comes on the side..not the red notification light just the white one by the charger port...i bought this phone second hand from someone that worked at verizon..im pretty sure there not going to replace it, unless i can convince them that i bought it from them
    Thats basically the same story just that mine wasnt 75% charged it was dead.
    Switched from Storm to Droid now I'm happier then ever.
  9. #9  

    Default

    If the phone falls under the one year manufacturers warranty even if you are a second owner they ' might' replace it.

    Verizon has done that for me in the past.
  10. #10  

    Default

    If the phone falls under the one year manufacturers warranty even if you are a second owner they ' might' replace it.

    Verizon has done that for me in the past.
  11. #11  

    Default

    well it hasnt been out for a year, the boy i bought it from was actually a veirzon employee.my sister bought a smartphone from somene second hand and they replaced it...im thinking it is something with a connection inside, the phone is in 100
    % perfect condition ahs never been dropped. never beenwet
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droidbroke1 View Post
    well it hasnt been out for a year, the boy i bought it from was actually a veirzon employee.my sister bought a smartphone from somene second hand and they replaced it...im thinking it is something with a connection inside, the phone is in 100
    % perfect condition ahs never been dropped. never beenwet
    Or do you think the batter is damaged
    Switched from Storm to Droid now I'm happier then ever.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droidbroke1 View Post
    well it hasnt been out for a year, the boy i bought it from was actually a veirzon employee.my sister bought a smartphone from somene second hand and they replaced it...im thinking it is something with a connection inside, the phone is in 100
    % perfect condition ahs never been dropped. never beenwet
    Then it won't hurt to try. I think they track the phones by ESN so if nothing comes up flagged you should be okay.
  14. #14  

    Default

    what would cause it to get flagged...and no i dont think its the battery because when i plug it into the wall a white light comes on near the charger...
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trackizmy1 View Post
    Or do you think the batter is damaged
    If the charge light comes on and you can't hold a charge it very well could be the battery. I haven't heard of major battery problems but that doesn't mean it can't happen with a few of the devices.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droidbroke1 View Post
    what would cause it to get flagged...and no i dont think its the battery because when i plug it into the wall a white light comes on near the charger...
    Who knows, but maybe someone attempted to pass possible water damage off as a normal defect. Not saying that's the case but I know people have tried it before.

    I might be mistaken but I think rooting the phone might void the warranty? Someone help me with that one.
  17. #17  

    Default

    what is the manufacture warranty look like..i mean could i send it to motorola and maybe they fix it? im not really sure what to do i dont wanna drive to verizon if i dont have to but thats what its looking like im not really sure what could have caused it ive never had any problem with it before, besides it powering off and back on by itself...what does rooting the phone mean?
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droidbroke1 View Post
    what is the manufacture warranty look like..i mean could i send it to motorola and maybe they fix it? im not really sure what to do i dont wanna drive to verizon if i dont have to but thats what its looking like im not really sure what could have caused it ive never had any problem with it before, besides it powering off and back on by itself...what does rooting the phone mean?
    Rooting the phone is essentially hacking it to gain complete access to the OS.

    As for the warranty I think you have to do it through verizon.
  19. #19  
    Adrynalyne's Avatar
    Account Deactivated

    Posts
    1,360 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox08 View Post
    If the phone is defective they will probably replace it with a refurb at no charge. If you broke it and have insurance I believe the price is 89(read that in another forum don't quote me). as for apps I am unsure.
    Insurance deductible is 50.
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
    Insurance deductible is 50.
    It's $89 and you need to go through the insurance company directly if it's lost/stolen or accidentally broken...

    As for it just dying on it's own, take it up to the Verizon store and let them replace it.
    Matt
    --------------------
    Current Phone:Motorola Droid
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default

    It was free but my verizon didnt have any replacements in store so I have to wait till wednesday
    Switched from Storm to Droid now I'm happier then ever.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default

    Now I have to use my sisters old busted Dare until Wednesday .
    Switched from Storm to Droid now I'm happier then ever.
  23. #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trackizmy1 View Post
    Now I have to use my sisters old busted Dare until Wednesday .
    At least you're getting it replaced
  24. #24  

    Default

    Mine died last night too.
    It was 70-80% charged when I went to bed at about 0200, at 1015 I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't work. Tried charging and nothing; no light. Took the battery out and put it back in and then it started working.
    I cannot have this happen again! I need to be in contact and have the alarm working.
    Anyone know what might have happened?
  25. #25  

    Default

    yeah, I just had a similar thing happen to me. Went to unlock it and nothing. Took the battery back out and put it back in. Nothing. Took the battery out again and it finally turned on when I pressed the power button. Had 80% battery. Thought I was going to be making a trip to verizon.

Posting Permissions

B