Droid won't turn on

trackizmy1

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
What should I do since my droid isnt turning on. The battery died yesterday then 2 hrs later I went home and plugged it into the charger. Then 30 min later it wasnt turning on. I know I could just get a replacement but I have texts that came in while it was off.

nerdbox08

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
If you got messages while the phone was off they are still sitting on the server waiting to be delivered, which means if you replace before the original device can be turned on they should be sent to the new device.

I'm not sure if you tried pulling the battery and putting it back in to make sure it's properly seated but if you have and that hasn't helped I would take it in to the store.

Out of curiosity did a white light come on that is seated in the charge port? If not it might not have actually been charginging. Just a thought.

Last edited:

trackizmy1

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
If you got messages while the phone was off they are still sitting on the server waiting to be delivered, which means if you replace before the original device can be turned on they should be sent to the new device.

O okay do you think they would make me pay the 50 dollars to replace it.

droidbroke1

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
i dont know if your in the same boat as me but..last niite i was watching the football game..my phone was 75% charged...then all the sudden it turned off and now it wont power on..i plug it into the charger and the little light comes on the side..not the red notification light just the white one by the charger port...i bought this phone second hand from someone that worked at verizon..im pretty sure there not going to replace it, unless i can convince them that i bought it from them

nerdbox08

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
If the phone is defective they will probably replace it with a refurb at no charge. If you broke it and have insurance I believe the price is 89(read that in another forum don't quote me). as for apps I am unsure.

trackizmy1

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
i dont know if your in the same boat as me but..last niite i was watching the football game..my phone was 75% charged...then all the sudden it turned off and now it wont power on..i plug it into the charger and the little light comes on the side..not the red notification light just the white one by the charger port...i bought this phone second hand from someone that worked at verizon..im pretty sure there not going to replace it, unless i can convince them that i bought it from them

Thats basically the same story just that mine wasnt 75% charged it was dead.

nerdbox08

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
If the phone falls under the one year manufacturers warranty even if you are a second owner they ' might' replace it.

Verizon has done that for me in the past.

nerdbox08

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
If the phone falls under the one year manufacturers warranty even if you are a second owner they ' might' replace it.

Verizon has done that for me in the past.

droidbroke1

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
well it hasnt been out for a year, the boy i bought it from was actually a veirzon employee.my sister bought a smartphone from somene second hand and they replaced it...im thinking it is something with a connection inside, the phone is in 100
% perfect condition ahs never been dropped. never beenwet

trackizmy1

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
well it hasnt been out for a year, the boy i bought it from was actually a veirzon employee.my sister bought a smartphone from somene second hand and they replaced it...im thinking it is something with a connection inside, the phone is in 100

Or do you think the batter is damaged

nerdbox08

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site

Then it won't hurt to try. I think they track the phones by ESN so if nothing comes up flagged you should be okay.

droidbroke1

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
what would cause it to get flagged...and no i dont think its the battery because when i plug it into the wall a white light comes on near the charger...

nerdbox08

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
what would cause it to get flagged...and no i dont think its the battery because when i plug it into the wall a white light comes on near the charger...

Who knows, but maybe someone attempted to pass possible water damage off as a normal defect. Not saying that's the case but I know people have tried it before.

I might be mistaken but I think rooting the phone might void the warranty? Someone help me with that one.

droidbroke1

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
what is the manufacture warranty look like..i mean could i send it to motorola and maybe they fix it? im not really sure what to do i dont wanna drive to verizon if i dont have to but thats what its looking like im not really sure what could have caused it ive never had any problem with it before, besides it powering off and back on by itself...what does rooting the phone mean?

nerdbox08

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
what is the manufacture warranty look like..i mean could i send it to motorola and maybe they fix it? im not really sure what to do i dont wanna drive to verizon if i dont have to but thats what its looking like im not really sure what could have caused it ive never had any problem with it before, besides it powering off and back on by itself...what does rooting the phone mean?

Rooting the phone is essentially hacking it to gain complete access to the OS.

As for the warranty I think you have to do it through verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty