Samsung Voice Notes problem.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Twice now my S9+ has fumbled a recording. I set it, see it recording, then turn the screen off. After 15 min or so, I turn the screen on, write some notes, and stop the recording.

When I go back to listen, I hear about 1 min, then it goes mute. Absolutely zero sound, not even "dead air" sound.

The first time, it was mute until I turned on the screen to end it. The second time, there was sound for about 30 seconds midway, then went mute again until I turned the screen back on to end it.

Any ideas? I've completed Diagnostics and there's no issue with the speakers, mic, screen etc.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Samsung Notes.

It's been recommended I try a factory reset, but I haven't. I just use my phone (S23 Ultra) when I don't need to keep the screen on.
Ah. Instead of a factory reset on your tablet, back up what notes you have and clear data on the app.

Last edited:

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Samsung Notes.

It's been recommended I try a factory reset, but I haven't. I just use my phone (S23 Ultra) when I don't need to keep the screen on.
I brought up Samsung Notes on my Tab S9 and was able to record with the display turned off. Like I said, instead of doing a factory reset on your tablet, clear data on Samsung Notes.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I brought up Samsung Notes on my Tab S9 and was able to record with the display turned off. Like I said, instead of doing a factory reset on your tablet, clear data on Samsung Notes.
That worked and you rock. Thank you

Sometimes I'll record a 1.5 hour lecture. If I take notes, of course the screen is on, so I had no issue. It's the times I didn't take notes that killed me. I appreciate your help.

Reactions: Village_Idiot