Got a replacement droid, downloaded apps from market dont show in downloads

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I had to go to 2 verizon stores to get my droid replaced today because I have felt my friends keyboards and theirs were much more pronounced then mine. First store shot me down, said they can feel the difference but did not feel it was a defect. I kept my cool, the manager was a real ****, I didn't feel like screaming at him, so I left. Mine felt okay around the edges, but then it felt mushy and like it sank in in the middle. I would type and the keys would press a key next to it. I probably should of taken it back when I first got it, but I thought thats how it should feel. I got a replacement and feels much better. Now I can type faster and more accurate. My old phones screen also felt "looser" then this one did too, and it always felt that way. Anyways...

So I used ASTRO to backup all my apps. I then restored all my apps.

So I went to the market and checked my downloads, and now it only shows a few apps I paid for, but none of the free apps I downloaded are shown! Is there anyway to get this to come back? I would like to know when there are updates without having to download the apps again.

G

GenericMessage

Oddly enough, I kinda had the same issue with my first droid (had it at launch). The keyboard was sunk in, the slider was loose and felt very breakable. But then it went and deleted all my contacts on its own, so I replaced it with a brand new one, and the slider is sturdy and strong, my keyboard is very robust, and it doesn't ever crash.

Moving to your problem however. Perhaps it had something to do with ASTRO? Because when I replaced mine, all my programs re-downloaded automatically.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
yeah you shouldn't have restored your apps with astro. the phone would have automatically downloaded your old apps. but since you did, i'd suggest just re-downloading all your apps from the market. They'll simply replace your astro installed apps and everything will be fine and dandy. I'd only do a few a day, to prevent any sort of future problems. I have had problems with my phone when i tried to download a bunch of apps at one time.

Darthbull

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
I thought the free apps don't show up when you sign back in to the market with another device? I was under the impression that only the paid apps showed up under your "downloads"? I went from a Nexus One to a Droid, and even though I used the same login, only my paid apps showed up in my downloads. The free ones I downloaded on the Nexus never showed up on the Droid.

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Paid apps will only show up unless you do a factory reset download your apps even the free ones then do another factory reset for some reason that makes all of them show.

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Paid apps will only show up unless you do a factory reset download your apps even the free ones then do another factory reset for some reason that makes all of them show.

So your saying I should do a factory reset and redownload everything I downloaded from the market, then do another factory reset? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose, I'm trying to avoid having to redownload everything.

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
After messing with a previous nandroid backup, I discovered that this information must be stored somewhere in DATA. When I restored DATA and went to the market, all my apps I had downloaded started to show up!

Anyone know where this info is stored?

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
When I switched from an Eris to a Droid, none of my free apps showed up in the market. Fortunately I had backed everything up using Astro and I was just able to reinstall that way. It was especially useful for Local becuase it had become a paid app by the time I got my Droid.

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I was able to get my downloads to show up again by using an old nandroid backup and only applied the DATA only, but I would like to know if there is a file or set of files that lets the market know what you have downloaded previously.