Multi Touch keyboard Force Closes

MartinRW

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I have an original Motorola Droid, running 2.2.1 and for the past day, almost constantly, everything I do on the phone brings up this error message.
"Sorry! The application Multi-touch keyboard (process com.android.inputmethod.latin) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close"

I don't recall installing anything new. Isn't that process, the standard stock keyboard?

pmar55

May 24, 2010
Visit site
backing up apps/google acct.

I think I have my apps backed up in astro, should I have them backed up in google? How do I check whether they are backed up in google, if not how do I go about backing them up. Also I'm using go launcher, and swype, and I love the way my droid 1 is doing, I'm afraid to root for fear of something not working as well as it is now, but would love to try gingerbread...... you're thoughts would be much appreciated, thanks.

WAM

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
backing them up on astro technically works, but those apps from astro will never update, as long as you have everything synced with google after you reset you'll be fine

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think I have my apps backed up in astro, should I have them backed up in google? How do I check whether they are backed up in google, if not how do I go about backing them up. Also I'm using go launcher, and swype, and I love the way my droid 1 is doing, I'm afraid to root for fear of something not working as well as it is now, but would love to try gingerbread...... you're thoughts would be much appreciated, thanks.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I waited until my one year warranty was up before I rooted. I wished I had rooted it the day I got my phone.

The best part about rooting is being able to install a rom that people who use the phone design, not someone at Verizon or Motorola or Google.

anon(174838)

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
"Sorry! The application Multi-touch keyboard (process com.android.inputmethod.latin) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close"

if you are rooted, run fix permissions in rom manager and that should solve the issue

Sent from my OG Droid (Project Elite 5.0.2) using TapaTalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress