I think I'm going to buy the droid over the N1

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I am 100% sold on this phone now. I wasn't able to make it to Big Red last night before it closes but I should be setup by tonight.

What about cases? Does VZN sell a case and/or screen protector I should pick up when I go? I'd like to have a case that still allows me to put the droid in the window mount for GPS.

I would actually get a TechSkin or Invisible Shield protector instead of those cheap $10 protectors. People either like them or don't, but I really appreciate the durability, especially since that is my only means of screen protection (I don't use a case or anything).

You don't necessarily have to buy a screen cover, however. It is rumored that the Droid has "Gorilla Glass", which is basically super-scratch resistant tempered glass. I watched a demo, it's really nice, hard to break, and hard to scratch.

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, unfortunately for me, I found out that VZW won't let you do the BOGO offer if both lines aren't eligible for an upgrade. My line is eligible and my wife's isn't. So, I guess we'll be using our Storms for a few more months at least.

Of course, they always offer to give you the deal if you add a line, but that still means paying $240 for the phone ($10/month for 24 months) which is a heck of a lot more than $0. Oh well, they have to make money like everyone else. It's just a bit annoying how random their early upgrade offers are. In all the times previous, both of our lines were eligible for early upgrade offers at the same time, but apparently that isn't the case now.

Who knows, by July, there'll probably be a new, better phone that I'll want instead.

:\

-SR-

dfine06

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
So good choice. I just recently switched from the Eris to the droid and it was the best idea. The speed is great at stock. And I love the pyshical keyboard. The nexus one doesn't seem so great I guess execpt for the processor. Screen size is the same. It just has 2.1 which we will be getting soon.

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I managed to work out a deal with Verizon and my wife and I got our Droids today. In fact this is my first post on a forum from my new toy. I am enjoying the benefits of wifi on a phone right now as I'm at the in-laws where there is no cell signal. Love this phone!

MissMe

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
This thread was SUPER helpful. I was having the same questions as OP. My brother and I were both interested in new phones and this way, we both win.

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Mind explaining what sort of deal you worked out? Because I am in a similar situation that you were; one line is eligible for an upgrade and the other isn't.

Nothing fancy, really. I went the route of adding a new line to our family share plan. I didn't want to do it at first, but after thinking about it, I realized that we only need to pay for my wife's old line for five more months, so we get her a Droid 5 months early and it cost us a total of $50 instead of $240 like I originally thought. We were OK with that. It was well worth it. We both LOVE our new phones! I wouldn't even have bothered posting on this full (non-mobile) website with my Blackberry. It's a piece of cake with this beauty. Love it! Love it! Love it!

-SR-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty