Droid just $99 at BestBuy now

G

GenericMessage

Anyone purchase from wirefly using a phone upgrade/contract extension from Verizon? I have a family plan with 3 lines, just want to update mine, but if I select family plan it tries to sell me multiple phones. I'm afraid to proceed with just a single phone plan, I don't want wirefly to change my current Verizon family plan just because of this droid purchase. How does that process work? Any chance the local store might price match BB or Wirefly?

I know BBY won't match prices of online competitors.

jdotcarter

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
just add 2 more droids at the $49. They will try to process all of the Droids through verizon and will get a message saying only one of your lines is available and will cancel the other two.

At least thats what bestbuy did for me when i tried to buy two droids.

endorphine44

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
looks like Amazon has the $49.99 upgrade as well, the verification/upgrade process they use seems a lot more comfortable to me. It verifies your line is eligible for upgrade, specifically says it only changes rates for the single line you're upgrading, not the entire family plan. I'm going with Amazon on this upgrade, my local VZW store wants $299 for the same phone.

http : / / wireless.amazon.com/Motorola-A855-Android-Verizon-Wireless/dp/B002UUTCKC/ref=bs_dp_ph_1

sorry about the link, I can't post links yet, just take the spaces out.

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I got the droid from best buy too best price at a brick and motar without having to pay $ 299 and wait a few weeks for a rebate
The price is for both online and the store but if you buy the phone online you are really getting the phone through a 3rd party seller

Last edited:

JasonR02

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm on a family plan and we have a early upgrade. I have to go through the Verizon store to do this though, or am I reading right that I could do the upgrade through amazon/bestbuy and get the phone for this price? Thanks!

dannygberg

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Here's my question...

I bought my Droid on Feb 13 from Verizon for $299 (w/ $100 rebate) and I now see that it is on sale for $49.99 on Amazon.com.

Now since I am within my 30-day return window, can I simply return my Droid to Verizon and cancel my $30 data plan (without an early termination fee since I'm within the 30-day window) and then purchase the Droid from Amazon and once again add the $30 data plan.

If I cancel with Verizon, will Amazon quickly recognize that I'm again due for a contract renewal and hence get the $49.99 price for the Droid?

Jack Burton#AC

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
I meant that I bought mine at a BB store, as opposed to online.

Danny, I don't see any reason why you could not pull that off. I did essentially the same thing earlier this month. Just make sure that the people at the store reset your account correctly.

dannygberg

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I meant that I bought mine at a BB store, as opposed to online.

Danny, I don't see any reason why you could not pull that off. I did essentially the same thing earlier this month. Just make sure that the people at the store reset your account correctly.

Perfect. Nice to see that this worked for you as well. I think I'm going to give it a shot.

jdotcarter

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
so they dont charge a restocking fee or anything like that? I bought mine from the website but would consider returning it now that the incredible seems to be making progress to VZ

jordo

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Just bought my Droid a about an hour ago off of Amazon for $49. Unfortunately with my upgrade date being on a Friday they say I won't get my phone until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week :(. Oh well I'd rather wait on it since it was so cheap instead of walking into a Verizon store and spending $299 up front and having to deal with rebate forms.

richpjr#AC

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I bought my wife a Droid about 2 weeks ago at BestBuy for $199. I saw this thread yesterday, brought back the receipt and they refunded me the $100 difference.

G

GenericMessage

I bought my wife a Droid about 2 weeks ago at BestBuy for $199. I saw this thread yesterday, brought back the receipt and they refunded me the $100 difference.

They'll do that with anything within 14 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress