Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default send audio via text

I just got my droid last nite n for the life of me I can't fig out to send say a ringtone via text or email. It only gives me option for pics a message I record etc...I didn't have any issues on my Eris or bberry. Any help would b appreciated thank u

I don't know how the stock messaging app is, since I haven't used it since I first got my droid, but I know for Handcent its as easy as opening a message, and pressing the menu softkey, then selecting "Attach" and then "audio"
    Quote Originally Posted by philip.stinger
    Is it lazy or just fully utilizing the technology at your disposal?

download handcent from the market - much better app. lots of customizing. but yeah that'll send audio

edit: beat me to it! ^_^
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank u! Do I have to do anything to disable the stock text.

disable the notification in the stock messaging

I removed Handcent once and really missed it so I reinstalled it, I think you will like it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks so much y'all! I was driving from MD to NC today so haven't really got to play with it but the lil I have used it I really like it! Y'all r awesome for quick n friendly responses =)

be sure to go into the handcent settings and set the max message size to the largest posssible.