Waterproof/rainproof case

MissMe

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for a case or a pouch that is water/rainproof. I don't intend on going swimming or chuck my phone in the ocean. But should I get caught in a sudden shower, I'd like to be able to slide my phone into something that would protect it even a little from water damage.

Any suggestions?

johnny99

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a neoprene iphone case at my local dollar store. It is not perfectly waterproof because there is a velcro closure on one side, but it is much better than nothing in a quick rain shower.

Shay D. Life

Android Advocate
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site

2601-05-k1.8.jpg

Well....damn.:eek::D

seasonnie

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
pouch for iPhone

I'm looking for a case or a pouch that is water/rainproof. I don't intend on going swimming or chuck my phone in the ocean. But should I get caught in a sudden shower, I'd like to be able to slide my phone into something that would protect it even a little from water damage.

Any suggestions?

It is difficult to find a iPhone case that is water/rainproof. But i think that the leather Sleeve is good for iPhone :p.

Last edited:

atwell

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen one yet; I just looked on ebay but did not see one that is both. There are cases which will provide some added protection against drop, bump and dust but not intended for protection against water intrusion. I have been using an iphone case from iFanatic which bears the logo of my favorite mascot? I just love it. It doesn?t add much bulk and gives it much more grip.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Check your local boating store, they have several different size cases that are 100% waterproof, not sure if you can use the phone while it is in it though and it doesnt fit like a case but more like a small pouch you can put it in that is slightly bigger then the phone. I just use a zip lock bag when I am out on my boat if needed

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
You live in a rain forest? Unless it's Katrina conditions, pocket that baby til you're in the car / home. Seriously, how long do you plan on being "caught in the rain"?

However, if it IS an actual issue - I used an otter box on my blackberry. That thing is rather unbelievable. It's serious protection

MissMe

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
You live in a rain forest? Unless it's Katrina conditions, pocket that baby til you're in the car / home. Seriously, how long do you plan on being "caught in the rain"?

However, if it IS an actual issue - I used an otter box on my blackberry. That thing is rather unbelievable. It's serious protection

LOL! no rainforest. Just the East Coast. We have a lot of sudden downpours and I've been caught outside a few times without an umbrella. Also, I'm a bit of a klutz and have spilled things on or REALLY close to previous phones. Since this one is more of an investment, i wanted to see if there as anything I could to to protect it from water damage.

I didn't know if such a thing existed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress