Now a calling issue?

G

GenericMessage

From time to time when going to call someone using my NON-rooted Droid, it lags and lags and lags and lags and then sometimes it connects to the call, sometimes it says "call not sent" and other times it does nothing.

Can't figure that one out really.

I have no dialer replacement, and I am not using Google voice for my provider on the phone (even though I have it)

Also I've noticed a startling issue with my GPS and it not working without a reset.

ALSO, I've noticed issues with my randomly jumping into 1x in areas where my 3G is rather there.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is doing a factory reset but wait and see if you get a better option first. I have never had this problem but have seen some where they are dropping down to 1x even in a good area. Google voice shouldn't have any effect on your call to the best of my knowledge.

G

GenericMessage

The only thing I can think of is doing a factory reset but wait and see if you get a better option first. I have never had this problem but have seen some where they are dropping down to 1x even in a good area. Google voice shouldn't have any effect on your call to the best of my knowledge.

I have already done TWO resets over the last month to solve it

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Mine has randomly been dropping to 1x inside the building at work and it never had before, maybe there's some radio interference or something where it's dropping for you?

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have been experiencing the SAME exact thing! I am stock 2.1, and am not running anything out of the ordinary. But when placing a call the lag is incredible! Sometimes it even goes back to the home screen for several seconds making me think the dialer closed itself and when I go to do other things suddenly the dialer pops back up and the call is going through. I have not been able to figure this out at all. I even removed Google Voice from the phone, but to no avail..

Any info on this would be awesome!

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Download Log Collector from the market.

Next time it happens, run the app and PM or email me the logfile (jerry.hildenbrandATandroidcentralDOTcom)

I can't guarantee anything, but there's a good chance we might see something in the log that helps. Root not needed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo