Motorola Triumph Upgrades 12/16/11 Update

skreed01

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I do this but after I press ANYCUT, I only get the following options, Direct call, Direct text message, Activity, & Make you own. I have looked through all of these options but nowhere do I see an option for COM PORT MODE. Should there be another option? If so I cannot find it.

Still waiting for an answer for this one.

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting for an answer for this one.

Sorry but this should be working on every phone as when on stock there more to the phone this doesnt work on any custom roms only on pure stock 2.2 triumph froyo so if you are trying to do through another rom it wont work saying that do it before you flash the kernal into the phone.

triumphme

May 19, 2012
Visit site
If anyone is having trouble doing clockwork I was doin same thing here I was on 4.004 tho everything was smooth but if your phone vibrates black screen the file your moving is still a zip open archive through 7zip then copy the recovery.img. inside that's what you want the img file its an animation just with files

Sent from my WX435 using Android Central Forums

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is having trouble doing clockwork I was doin same thing here I was on 4.004 tho everything was smooth but if your phone vibrates black screen the file your moving is still a zip open archive through 7zip then copy the recovery.img. inside that's what you want the img file its an animation just with files

Sent from my WX435 using Android Central Forums

Yep my dude.

stimul8er

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, where do I start... I cannot find anycut in the play store, When I get to step 13 it shows my phone as a cd/dvd drive and it doesn't show up under com/lpt ports, hopefully someone reads this still... Thanks for any help i recieve.

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
That's because you need the any cut if you can't find it try Google searching anycut.apk and seen if u can fine it like that.
You got lucky I don't check this anymore lol

Lance Jensen

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
on setcpu it wont let me change the cpu speed how do i get it so i can set it at 1.5 it currently says min:0 max:0 with no other options

got it fixed

Last edited:

Ricki916

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for putting so much time into the above. I had a similar problem as one of the other replies below, where on step 11 of the first section my phone would not boot up when pressing the start button along with the up and down buttons after taking the battery out. I did every step exactly as stated and have read all of the other replies and responses. I even tried copying the recovery.img file zipped after the unzipped file didn't seem to respond. When I remove the battery from my phone my computer stops reading my phone and disconnects. I replaced the battery after a few of my attempts and the tried rebooting with power, up & down buttons but that didn't seem to boot into recovery until I tried it with the unzipped file. The first option is to reboot system now, the 2nd to apply update from sdcard, the 4th to install zip from sdcard, but I'm assuming I'm still going to need to be hooked up to the PC before I can move forward. In summary, I'm quite positive (other than whether the recovery.img file I copied to the image folder should be zipped or unzipped as it wasn't specified) that I've followed all the steps correctly and that I haven't mixed up where the original recovery file cut from image and saved to desktop, with the downloaded recovery file in zipped or unzipped format. Perhaps I need to insert the phone usb cord into another connection on my PC, but I've already tried two of them. Any help will be appreciated. My phone screen is currently displaying CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.6, so that seems correct, but the battery is back in as this was the only way my phone would respond and reboot, and I am not plugged into the computer as my PC wasn't reading the device once I removed the battery,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez