Motorola Triumph questions?

anon406695

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Are the newer ones any better than the "first batch"

Should i buy one from Radioshack or straight from Virgin?

what is the return process like?

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine from Best Buy when the official VM site was having a sale(and since it was their official site I was able to get Best Buy to price match, if they wouldn't I was going to order it online).
Anyway, mine I got in December, and I have had few issues with it. The back button wouldn't work occasionally, but hitting home and re-entering the app, I would generally be able to get the button to work again. Even so, I recc getting insurance on this one, just in case. Also check the return policy from wherever you buy it. I hear VM's official return policy is not much fun(you have to mail off your phone!), but if you buy it from a place near where you live/frequent, it will be that much easier to replace in case of a really bad bug.

This is a phone I cannot recommend rooting enough. I had the intercept for a whole year before the Triumph, and I finally rooted my Triumph on saturday. Then monday I flashed CM7.2 to this thing and I tell you, it works like a CHARM.

So anyway, I guess I'm not helping much, but I can tell you I have a later batch and it worked pretty good even before rooting(also another bug was where the next alarm wouldn't show on the home screen, even after a factory reset). So yeah, a couple of not-so-bad bugs, IMO, and you can always root and flash custom roms which seem to take care of those few bugs. :D