Motorola Triumph suddenly won't charge on the charger ? (2)

piiiiiink15

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
*In continuation of my last thread of my charging issue*

Not to sound stupid here or anything but just so I do not make a mistake in trying to fix my phone's charging issue, what are the tension clips on the male (charger end) charger ? All I see are the 5 little metal bars and that's it...am I supposed to lift those? I'm still sort of confused on what to actually "pry up" ?

poweredge99

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
It's the two tabs that are on the outer part of the charger and face up when put into the phone. They lock in to hold the cable in. I just slightly pryed them up a little at a time until it worked.

poweredge99

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
You got it. I did.... maybe 1/32 nd of a inch at a time. And kept checking after each to see if it worked. Also, I had it unplugged just in case each time I adjusted it. Not sure if I would get shocked of not.

piiiiiink15

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much, it seems like it is not draining at the moment, but I hope it's not a fluke ya know? How often should I do this and do I have to do this to all my chargers that I use for my phone?

poweredge99

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. Then it just stopped charging all together. Now it's doing well and been two weeks with no problems. My wife's has no issues and is older then mine.

piiiiiink15

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Oh really? And it drained on the charger too? My phone is still doing the same thing, like the red light is still turning off randomly at like 49%....it's a brand new battery so it's not that it's not capable of getting to 100%, should i move the tabs again or a little higher?

Also, i thought it was strange that when I got my new battery and I plugged it into my phone, it started charging at 60%.........that's weird

poweredge99

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Adjusting it higher is up to you. I have many other charging cables so I was a little less concerned about damaging one. If you wiggle the cable does that effect the light? You have to hold it a sec in a position to let it register. If that doesn't work out it maybe another issue and that would be above my level of knowledge unfortunately.

Aalliyah81

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine either , i was wondering do the Motorola Triumph has to charger spots at the bottom ?? because no other charger isnt working with it .. so im trying to see is the little slot on the left a charger or not :) .. please help ..