Anyone find a wireless tether app for stock .605 GB rooted?

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Verizon fixed it so you can't download a wifi tether. You have to flash the wifi tether patch zip to get wifi tether.

cdiar

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Uhm, that all sounds fun and... complicated. But I simply downloaded one of the basic wi-fi tether apps and made sure the encryption was enabled. Worked like a charm.

I had a difficult time finding an app that would work for my phone as well, but then I happened upon somebody mentioning the encryption thing, and ever since, it's not been a problem. The one in specific that I use is WiFi Tethering by OpenGarden, Inc.

I hope this helps.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

Does anyone else know where to get the Wireless Tether Patch from? The link in the video goes to his public Dropbox file which has been shut down for generating too much traffic.
(Edit: Nevermind, I found some mirrors here...http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/g...8-wugpacked-gb-tether-patch-all-one-zips.html )

Also, I have the Droid X Recovery Bootstrap, do I need the Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap now? Does the Droid X one not work on the Gingerbread update?
(Edit: It appears that the Droid X Bootstrap still works, but you have to make sure that USB Debugging is disabled)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty