Froyo like lock screen for 2.1
Updated my Droid X to the leaked version of 2.2 yesterday but decided it was to buggy for me so I went back to 2.1.
One of the best things in my opinion from 2.2 was the look of the lock screen, so I created a framework-res.apk for 2.1 that has the exact same lock screen look of 2.2 for those of you who would like it.
Here It Is
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
**Phone must be rooted and only for Droid X on 2.1
0. Put this .apk file on the root of your sd card.
1. Point your command prompt to where your adb is located. Usually where you installed the sdk.
2. Launch a shell on your device. Command: "adb shell" (without quotes)
3. Access superuser permissions. Command: "su" (without quotes)
4. Mount the system as writable. Command: "mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system" (without quotes)
5. Copy over the .apk to the systems framework. Command: "cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework" (without quotes)
6. Mount the system as read-only. Command: "mount -o remount,ro -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system" (without quotes)
7. Reboot the system. Command: "reboot"
- 08-21-2010, 04:20 PM #2
- 08-21-2010, 04:42 PM #4
- 08-21-2010, 05:11 PM #5
- 08-21-2010, 05:18 PM #6
- 08-21-2010, 05:19 PM #7
- 08-21-2010, 05:20 PM #8Droiderator
- 5,672 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
- Bugless Nexus
Re: Froyo like lock screen for 2.1
Love the new lock in 2.2 its one othe the great new things. The green 2.1 does not fit the whole black and red theme in the X. I have no issues yes with the 2.2 but this file is great for someone that wants a change without the whole thing.
Sent from my Rooted DROIDX using Tapatalk
- 08-21-2010, 05:21 PM #9
- 08-21-2010, 06:01 PM #11
- 08-21-2010, 06:34 PM #12
- 08-22-2010, 04:15 AM #14
I am a little confused on step 1. Please excuse the lack of experience, this is my first android phone and am absorbing a lot in the last 3 weeks or so. I too went back to 2.1 because it was twitchy but looks super promising
If you could explain what programs I need that would be cool, I just downloaded android sdk, was that the right one? The commands are very simple which you laid out perfectly.
Looks like I need a ternminal app for the DX also? I found "Android shell terminal" in the app store...
- 10-11-2010, 06:49 PM #16