Freshly rooted, instructions for getting rid of bloatware safely?

Scuzzelbutt

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I remember seeing the list and instruction back in the 2.1 days, is anything different for 2.2? Can anyone post the link to it? Thanks.

PS. Sorry if this is already posted, I did not see it and was surprised it was not a sticky.

Scuzzelbutt

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I found it.

Full list of apps and apks that are removable and non-removable with root - Android Forums

As a test i backed up CityID and then un-installed it with Titanium Backup. Now there is no restore button, but it still shows that is backup up. Does that make sense to anyone? Is there any way to rename the packages without going into ADB shell? I was hoping something like titanium would have an option for renaming (or backup/restore that worked) instead of just delete.

Last edited:

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
use root explorer
just rename the apk to .bak
there is enough space on the phone you don't have to worry about a 1-3mb file causing you issues, so just rename them and be done with it.
if you have to go back for any reason, then rename them back.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
use root explorer
just rename the apk to .bak
there is enough space on the phone you don't have to worry about a 1-3mb file causing you issues, so just rename them and be done with it.
if you have to go back for any reason, then rename them back.

Another GOOD reason to have ROOT, gotta love it! It's the small things in life...............

Scuzzelbutt

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I noticed even after renaming all the files to .bak a lot of them were running after a reboot. I then used autostarter to stop them from starting. I don't quite get it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty