OK i am rooted now what?

juggalofx

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok i have had my droid x for almost a week (Thursday will be a week). i have already rooted it. Now i want to mess with ROMS. I hear they help your phone run even faster. Only thing is i came from blackberry (tour 9630). on my bb i would install hybrids on the time but not sure how to even start with my droid. here is what i am wondering

1) what do i need to have inorder to install and run a rom
2) what ROMS would you guys suggest
3) any other tips and tricks for a blackberry to android convert :)

thanks guys

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
How many more rooted now what topics do we need!!!!!! Joking ... no really another one. Ok your going to need some apps/tools. Dl bootstrapper. Without that you can't flash a new rom. Dl rom manager. Good to make and flash backups and roms. Also can dl roms and themes with it. Easy to use and apply. Not all roms and themes are in rom manager. Need to search all the android site. Also get the 2.2 sbf file saved and rsd lite. If you brick our phone you need them to recover.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
former blackberry guy too

i know we have lots of these threads but i'll contribute to another one :D

1) what do i need to have inorder to install and run a rom
rom manager - makes managing back ups quick and easy ( i don't use it to install roms, follow the devs instructions for that)
boot strap - bootloader on the DX is still un-cracked but this is a work around for that
Titanium backup - helps manage your config/apps/data if you are bouncing around on roms

2) what ROMS would you guys suggest
the big guys for the DX are rubix, apex and fission...
personally i like rubix but DO YOUR RESEARCH. some of these roms come overclocked by default and your phone might not like that.

3) any other tips and tricks for a blackberry to android convert
best part about android and custom roms? you can usually backup, wipe, install a custom rom and be set in the time it took your Tour/Storm/Storm 2 to boot a stock OS :D
former BB guy too way back to the 6230 when they had monochrome screens...android is better.

juggalofx

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I got bootstrapper installed. Guess I got to find the other program. I shouldn't be scared of custom roms but I am hahaha. I load new hybrids and leaked os into my tour and the wifes curve every other day. I am looking for a rom that is fast, slick looking, and adds to the already droid does. Set up. Btw bootstrapper is free offically of the revs website. The market version is a donation to him

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo