Restoring Backup?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
i searched, couldnt find a decisive answer. recently installed Apex. want to go back to original root status with no rom. i will prob go back to apex when its updated but for now just want to restore my backup.

so, what are the exact steps i need to take to restore my backup?

thanks.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
run bootstrap > reboot into recovery > Backup and Restore > Restore > hit the backup you want to restore to.

thank you very much. just found it. ran it and backed up perfect. now i feel much better about having completed the whole root and rom process. i can flash away now knowing i know what to do in and out.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
yup!
just make sure you keep that stock backup :D
i lost mine ages ago....
there are ways using the mandrake update to get back to 100% stock though...if you need to.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
i actually make a 2nd copy of my stock backup on a flash drive just in case. so im good with that. i didnt wipe when i did the backup, but i have not noticed any ill effects at all from not doing it. the rom flash and restore both when as smooth as possible and im really happy i finally took the leap to do it after just having root for a few months.

Famous.Rob

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I usually get the rom all set the way i want back that up so if I decide I liked it you dont have to flash it all over and set it up. Went from apex to liberty 1.0 themed it hated that back to libety 1.0 to darkslide to liberty 1.5 and it was all smooth as silk. Good idea on the second copy though. It cant hurt to be careful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk