[Q] Nandroid Restove vs. SBF, is it necessary?

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I just had a simple question reguarding performing and SBF vs. doing a nandroid restore.

I had SBF'd my DX to perform the 2.3.340 update on my phone and right after I factory reset, rooted, installed bootstrap and TB, backuped up my apps and created a nandroid so it's as fresh of a nandroid as you can get, I want to know if say I was using a custom rom for a few weeks and decided to restore back to my o.g. nandroid will there be junk left over that the restore won't erase? Or will it take me back to my fresh restore scotch free of remnants of the previous rom.

I'm curious because I see people sbf'ing for the heck of it after changing there minds about a custom rom and I want to know if there is a benefit over this instead of just using a nandroid restore or are they just super anal.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
The backup will work fine. Anytime you want to go back use the backup. I only sbf when I jack my phone up and can't do anything but get the boot and bootloader screen.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: Finsol

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
You can wipe data and cache, and go to Mounts and Storage and wipe your System partition before restoring your backup. That will ensure as clean an installation of your backup as possible.

Reactions: Finsol

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty